Hello! New non owner :(

Currently looking too pick up a glanza V! Been looking for a little while but nothing has really came up in my price region, I have about 3500 too play with so if anyone knows of any that are not too far from Yorkshire let me know! Cheers

Just now, jimmymac101 said:

Welcome along mate and nice buy! 

Sticking auto or changing the box? 

James 

I'm in two minds about it atm! Going too keep it auto for a while and try running 200hp or even uprating the autobox and getting more, but I think long term she will eventually become manual! I'm just currently deciding what the first purchase should be! Front mount? 

3 hours ago, jimmymac101 said:

coilovers all day long ;) 

That will come! Want her atleast 30mm lower too! But I'm going to focus on the engine and performance areas first! Won't be on the road for a few months while I wait for my current insurance too run out! 

Personally cant see the point of upping the power if you cant stick it to the ground because your suspension set is standard. 

Thats my own opinion but if it was me id sort out suspension then start playing with power :) 

looking forward to seeing the updates, you should start a build thread!

James 

1 minute ago, jimmymac101 said:

Personally cant see the point of upping the power if you cant stick it to the ground because your suspension set is standard. 

Thats my own opinion but if it was me id sort out suspension then start playing with power :) 

looking forward to seeing the updates, you should start a build thread!

James 

Defo, but she won't be on the road for a few months so will Defo have everything in order by then! I'm also not 100% sure if the suspension is standard as it looks fairly new, but then again the whole car looks like it's sat in a garage for 20+ years! Cheers!

This still on eBay, so have you just bought it? I take it you know this car has just had engine work done on it?  head gasket blown. Which is rare for one of these with such low mileage. 

This glanza was for sale for around 3 years at a dealers in Yorkshire then sold at Christmas just gone. The last owner only had the car for a few weeks to find the head gasket blown, spent a lot of money on it getting it fixed then was quick enough to get rid. 

Just be careful you haven't bought a lemon. 

Edited by mart1
6 hours ago, mart1 said:

This still on eBay, so have you just bought it? I take it you know this car has just had engine work done on it?  head gasket blown. Which is rare for one of these with such low mileage. 

This glanza was for sale for around 3 years at a dealers in Yorkshire then sold at Christmas just gone. The last owner only had the car for a few weeks to find the head gasket blown, spent a lot of money on it getting it fixed then was quick enough to get rid. 

6 hours ago, mart1 said:

11 hours ago, Chops said:

Manual swap!

swap!

Manual swap!

Do it, its worth the effort i promise you 

Manual swap!

Manuawap!

Manual swap!

Manual swap!

Manual swap!

Manual swap!

13 hours ago, jimmymac101 said:

Thats my own opinion but if it was me id sort out 

Yea it had a fair amount of work done, it's also only been registered in the UK from 2016 which is weird! Lots of paper work showing it had some engine work done so hopefully everything is in full order now..

It also got traded in for a abarth punto (apparently) 

Cheers for letting me know!

Edited by keithfa26

9A lot of cars get brougjt over and sit in garages for years on end, i won one that turned out to have been in the uk for 12 odd years sat in his garage lol. Dunno why peeps are shit talking the stock sus, theyre dead reaponsive and agile on stock kit, and u dont scrap on anything either.

Give it a good service and do a few preventative mods, turbo oil return swap n all that and go from there, u cant really gp wrong with em unless u do something stupid like a k swap.

Edited by Chops
6 hours ago, Ollieh17 said:

Stock suspension they look shit and handle shit lol....Coilovers and decent brake setup so much better than engine work

Lowering springs will be here on monday! im holding out for a set of coilovers

• 3 months later...