Im sure this comes up time and time again but its always nice to have a refresh plus i would like to know all my options.  Im currently building a forged engine and im going to list my full spec list what it is going to like once completed.  What i want to know is what are my turbo options I know the majority of people are going to say TD04 hybrid but i want to be different if i can or go for TD04 hybrid first then change in the future to a different option.  I like the look of the TD05 16G but people say it is very laggy.  Of course my goal is to hit that magic 300BHP figure so what do you guys suggest.

Spec:
Wossner 74.5MM flat top style pistons
1.4MM Athena MLS gasket
Max Speeding Forged Conrods with ARP studs
Full rebuild head with new valve stem seals/carbon removed/ Valves reseated (not ported or polished as not needed for the power i wish to achieve)
ARP Head bolts
WEPR Ramhorn TD/TF/VF manifold
Tial External wastegate 
Full ACL Engine bearing kit
430cc Denso yellow injectors
TD high flow fuel rail
Sytec Fuel pressure regulator with braided fuel lines
Gforce 2 electronic boost controller
Probably Emanage Blue ECU but undecided would like to go standalone but dont want to spend loads on it suggestions would be nice!!
RW developments catch can + race spec rocker cover.

Edited by wakeabby14

as you have the Subaru flange manifold, then td05 16g, vf35, vf34, vf28,----or equivalent billet hybrid to these items.

items you can save on by continuing to use the oem parts----fuel rail and "maybe" rrfpr...the stock ones work fine

if going with emanage, i'd recommend emanage ultimate...its an improvement on the blue and not much more cost wise

22 minutes ago, gorganl2000 said:

as you have the Subaru flange manifold, then td05 16g, vf35, vf34, vf28,----or equivalent billet hybrid to these items.

items you can save on by continuing to use the oem parts----fuel rail and "maybe" rrfpr...the stock ones work fine

if going with emanage, i'd recommend emanage ultimate...its an improvement on the blue and not much more cost wise

Thanks for the input mate, Im gonna have a good look as i would love a ball bearing turbo, I already have the fuel rail and rrfpr I dont mind paying a bit extra for those shiney bits haha!   To be honest the Ultimate would be a nice option as i would like launch control.  Cheers  

I always refer to sefton's build, it's the pefect parts for the 300 mark..i'd always include LSD fpr and an oil cooler. I also have a spare gearbox here for when you get launch control haha also suggest a delimiter unless you do go EMU. I see alot of people opting for massive turbo's which is each to their own but I can't understand the need with how light these cars are the chance's are the gearbox won't cope up top end and wheelspin galore so you kinda lose a big turbo glory through transmission, lag, engine size, boost limitations, lightness not double clutching like ya should hahaha the done to death hybrid billet TD04 has been done to death simply because it works the best on our tiny engine's on forged internals without spending crazy cash. Just my view I have been out in a 300 V I can't justify anymore driveable power lol :)

9 hours ago, Gainzy said:

I always refer to sefton's build, it's the pefect parts for the 300 mark..i'd always include LSD fpr and an oil cooler. I also have a spare gearbox here for when you get launch control haha also suggest a delimiter unless you do go EMU. I see alot of people opting for massive turbo's which is each to their own but I can't understand the need with how light these cars are the chance's are the gearbox won't cope up top end and wheelspin galore so you kinda lose a big turbo glory through transmission, lag, engine size, boost limitations, lightness not double clutching like ya should hahaha the done to death hybrid billet TD04 has been done to death simply because it works the best on our tiny engine's on forged internals without spending crazy cash. Just my view I have been out in a 300 V I can't justify anymore driveable power lol :)

Cheers for that one mate, ill have a look through seftons build,  LSD is 100% on the cards just need to get the box rebuilt and have one put in.  Im probs going to go with a TD04 billet hybrid then as i dont want tonnes of wheel spin. 

Edited by wakeabby14

all those turbos mentioned, and a few others, will get you 300bhp.

LSD will help a lot as Gainzy said....but there will be no avoiding wheel spin at that power level, more of a case of trying to minimise it :D

and i agree with Gainzy again somewhat, but would add maybe 225-275 bhp as a decent starlet. Once you start approaching 300bhp it gets more intense