Boost/air leak from somewhere?

My 98 glanza is suffering from a loss of power. It’s completely standard other than a boost gauge. I sprayed some liquid around suspected areas to see any bubbling and nothing was found. I then took the intake pipe off and blocked it to see if the car cut out and strangely enough it carried on running and I could hear the car pulling in air from somewhere else. Any ideas on where this could be? It sounded like it was on the intake side. Also the car makes the correct amount of boost when driving so I know the turbo is creating enough boost.

thanks in advance for any help

which intake pipe did you take off?

does your idle seem okay as vacuum leaks will cause an increase in revs, this would give you an idea on where to start, if revs are okay the leak is before the throttle body.

@gazza g I took of the pipe from the cone filter and blocked it with my hand so no air could enter the engine, I could hear the whistle of the engine sucking in air from somewhere else. The revs on idle are a bit jumpy, they vary from around 550-900 once warm and seem to make the steering wheel vibrate quite a lot.