Random moments of running a AFR of over 16

As above: I get readings of over 16 at idle. I've just fitted a new Sard fpr and set it up and on boost I'm seeing around 11. I've got a brand new Quantum 340 lph pump in there as well as the Walbro gave up the ghost. Any suggestions of anything to check/replace before I go down the route of injectors. The problem only seems to happen on idle, and not constantly. Once I'm driving the problem clears slowly and the AFR goes back to normal.

I’m not too worried about it being about 15 but when it’s going round to 16 and 17, and even off the scale lean with the same fuel pressure then there’s some form of issue. Any suggestion on what?

Mine used to do the same when it was hot weather and I was stuck in traffic.

I put it down to heatsoak affecting the IAT sensor so it was reading much higher air temps and fuelling accordingly.

There was nothing else I could find that caused the problem and come the colder weather it didn't seem too prominent so I wasn't bothered.

15 hours ago, gorganl2000 said:

by any chance can the wide band sensor need a re-calibration?---how old is it and when last was it re-calibrated?

I don’t believe the AEM ones can be calibrated or need to be. Plus it works fine the majority of the time. 

11 hours ago, hopalong_neil said:

Mine used to do the same when it was hot weather and I was stuck in traffic.

I put it down to heatsoak affecting the IAT sensor so it was reading much higher air temps and fuelling accordingly.

There was nothing else I could find that caused the problem and come the colder weather it didn't seem too prominent so I wasn't bothered.

Mine seems to do it whatever the weather but not constantly and not at a specific point. I could fire it up now and it will run fine. Do the same tomorrow and it’ll be running as lean as the gauge will go

Mine started doing this when cruising, afr's kept creeping up until it would start misfiring. Unplugged the o2 sensor and it ran fine. 

Worth trying that and if it sorts it then just replace the sensor

7 minutes ago, adzy said:

Mine started doing this when cruising, afr's kept creeping up until it would start misfiring. Unplugged the o2 sensor and it ran fine. 

Worth trying that and if it sorts it then just replace the sensor

It’s a brand new sensor. I wasn’t running one at all for ages and it started doing it recently so I fitted a new one