I’m wondering if anyone could give me some advice please on these 4e-fte engines, my engine was built just under 20k miles ago and recently it has spun a bearing on the crank, and I’m trying to get my head around why, when it was built, everything was done right, pistons/rings, Toyota bearings used, everything was measured right and all tolerances were correct, I used the usual millers oil to run it in, then always used 5w 40 fully synth Mobil 1 oil, I’ve always had a slight oil leak oil pump crank side, (seems most do) so I’m trying to figure out why this has happened, if anyone has go some answers I would be most grateful, I’m thinking of just sorting out the bottom end, and leaving the pistons in, as they only done 20k aswell all opinions will be answered thanks 

Pat

Thanks for the reply lads was driving (just before I pulled up outside my house and noticed it) about 80mph down the dual carriage way, not booting it all all, 

oil pressure (from the gauge) was still showing normal always the same, although i normally check the oil once a week, when I checked it before bearing spun, oil level was just above bottom line on dipstick, but then topped it back up, due to small oil leak 

No map on it Ollie mate never did get round to putting my ecu on, could I ask please what causes det? It’s definitely a kick in the balls this has happened while I’m still here scratching them thinking how has this happened.

Cheers guys will sort the engine out soon Tim just sorned it for now off the road, if shit keeps happening like this Colin maybe it’s time to move on, will get the car on a ramp in a week or two and come back with an answer hopefully.

Edited by patman