Jacks Forged 5e GT2860 EP91

Afternoon all,

Few months ago I picked up my EP91 Glanza,

Was bought dirt cheap I couldn't say no!

Has previously been resprayed blue (unfortunately) it was originally white.

Currently looking very sorry for itself stripped down with no engine or interior,

Engine has been dropped off for the machining work, Wossner Pistons, Scat Rods, Athena Headgasket and the build.

Hoping to have the engine back in and running before the end of the month, and then its going to have a custom turbo kit made up to fit the turbo, current plan is a custom GT28 however this is still a bit up in the air... I have also been looking at a GTX2860r, power goal is 350(+)

Won't be on the road anytime soon, it will be having a respray, rollcage etc... lots of bits to come - I've always wanted a Glanza so when this popped up for the price it did I jumped on it and I hope to build it over the next few years, I would like to have it road legal next year to go back to the Nurburgring but it will not be finished by that point, not even close.

Few photos of it:

EUMaVAX.jpg

tM5ZHTC.jpg

nYQ29n6.jpg

p2kYLnQ.jpg

LrV2taX.jpg

Currently I'm working on tidying up the loom, I've relocated the battery to the rear and I am also currently working on interior wiring for external fuel pump etc for the swirl pot setup. - I'll be sure to update as I work on it :)

Cheers

Edited by V_Jack
8 minutes ago, Socks said:

Ooo. no messing with this build dude.
That turbo is cabale of 400bhp on a 4E so you'll piss 350bhp ;)

Welcome to UKSO also. Keep us posted!

I've not even drove the car! Was stripped the night I had it, just decided to go for it, I very nearly dropped a standard 5e in and ran low boost but decided I'd only end up ripping it apart again.

Car has UKSO stickers on it so I assume its been on here before, I haven't been able to find any threads about it though!

Edited by V_Jack

Look forward to seeing the build! 

What are the plans with the GT28 in terms of fettling? 

Weve just released a new kit which will hit your power goals with great spool so feel free to drop me a pm if you need any assistance :)

Rob 

9 hours ago, RobSR said:

Look forward to seeing the build! 

What are the plans with the GT28 in terms of fettling

Weve just released a new kit which will hit your power goals with great spool so feel free to drop me a pm if you need any assistance :)

Rob 

I've been talking to somewhere that can do me the turbo on a T3 flange without the internal actuator and then vband exhaust side - Ideal as I'm going for an external gate and then they'll do me a custom wheel to suit - But again still looking at the GTX roller bearing offerings,

Is your kit bottom mount? - I was planning on going top mount.

Hi Jack,

It is, as its better for spool in most instances. Exhaust gas is 'lazy' at best so minimising the bends it has to flow through is beneficial. With a top mount manifold on a starlet with the space you have you end up with quite a lot of sharp radius' that will effect your spool.

I ran a T3  precision with a .48 a/r housing, it was ok, however even with a small housing it was still laggy. Look at a T25 housing imo to give you more options. A T25 .6* will spool a lot better than a T3 .6* a/r., 

• 2 weeks later...

Will post an update later, been stripping down loom and completing some loom repairs but nearly there.

I've bought the uprated tuning developments valve springs - Does anyone know on a stock cam what is the limit on the RPM and power they'll make? Will stock cams make 400+ and let me rev to 8k+ with the uprated valve springs?

3 hours ago, V_Jack said:

Will post an update later, been stripping down loom and completing some loom repairs but nearly there.

I've bought the uprated tuning developments valve springs - Does anyone know on a stock cam what is the limit on the RPM and power they'll make? Will stock cams make 400+ and let me rev to 8k+ with the uprated valve springs?

Iirc 5e's dont rev as high as 4e's

3 minutes ago, H_D said:

Iirc 5e's dont rev as high as 4e's

I know they don't like too due to the longer rods, I've seen people revving them to 7.5k but wasn't sure if this was limited by cams or valve springs, Id love to be able to rev it to 8k

@Socks Don't suppose you know do you?

My old setup made 430bhp on vpower.

That was on a GTX2860R.

Stock Cams Stock Springs. 7500rpm Limiter.
The head needs heavy port work to flow that, you have to be careful with cams as on turbo cars if done wrong all your going to do is move the powerband upward.
I would concentrate on other things that will improve power first.

24 minutes ago, Socks said:

My old setup made 430bhp on vpower.

That was on a GTX2860R.

Stock Cams Stock Springs. 7500rpm Limiter.
The head needs heavy port work to flow that, you have to be careful with cams as on turbo cars if done wrong all your going to do is move the powerband upward.
I would concentrate on other things that will improve power first.

Do you know what pressure that was at? Ah well I've bought the springs now so may as well use them, even if I only run to 7500rpm least I don't need to worry about valve float.

4 minutes ago, SpoonalTap said:

This car is gonna be crazy when it's done, how long do the gearboxs last at that kind of power? 

Are you planing on going back to white or you going a different colour for the respray?

I'm expecting the gearbox to last all of about 24 seconds - I'm cryofreezing the box internals to strengthen them and I just need to pray basically. - Colour wise I've got something a bit special planned, wont be white.

Edited by V_Jack

I like white ones but glad your going for something a bit different, quite like the blue it is now.

I'm tempted to get my box cryofreezed myself even though mines only 260 brake. I'll be keeping on eye on your build to see how you get on.

12 hours ago, Clinternational said:

N/A gearboxes also die without a turbo on a 5efe haha..  matter of age and how it's been treated. I think that torque kills them faster... 4efte gearbox option.

I’ll be running the 4e box as that’s what I’ve got with the competition clutch conversion flywheel to run the larger clutch disc

Snall update, been working on the electrical side still, gauges are installed and loom is pretty much there now 

NFwPIhB.jpg

Ech25TE.jpg

I also borrowed the team dynamics for my other car and put my spare BBS wheels on... I kinda like it... 

NynSwJA.jpg

• 2 months later...

Bit of a long overdue update, things have been gradually progressing..

Shell finally made its way to paint...

SMPVCRS.jpg

6EZl2U1.jpg

Jz8HafC.jpg

RWa7FNA.jpg

MA7M4pD.jpg

Block is back from the machine shop, and is finally being assembled along with the head... (notice the nice oil filter bracket holes on my 5e haha)

chAo7DB.jpg

gNqOXq8.jpg

m5mSINA.jpg

I also picked up a bargain of a spoiler... £100!

BxAFkLR.jpg

orZ8WGX.jpg

Will update as we progress, I hoped to have it running for christmas but thats now out the window! ah well.

3 hours ago, BMX-RIG said:

Going back to the original colour?

Unsure right now on the colour in all honesty, I wasn't planning on going original and I still don't think I will... just can't decice on what colour instead.