Hi everyone,

Many of you already know me as RobH, I have been a member of UKSO for a few years now, but for those who don’t, I thought I’d start by introducing myself.

I have been in the Starlet scene for around 16 years when I bought my Starlet.

I am a mechanic by trade, and with life-long experience, beginning to learn the trade at only 3 years of age.

Many of the custom parts on my Starlet I designed and made myself. I wanted something different, that you couldn’t just pick up off the shelf. So, over the years spent modifying my car, I have invested in machines to produce bespoke parts.

I’ve attended many car shows over the 16 years that I’ve had my Starlet and after having lots of interest in my work, in 2017 I set up RCH Engineering.

The machines I have are:

• Milling machine
  • Metal lathe
  • Wood lathe
  • Ultrasonic cleaner

So, if you need any bespoke items making out of metal or wood, please get in touch and I’ll see what I can do for you.

It doesn’t just have to be car related either, I can also create items for your home.

Best wishes,

Rob

Welcome Mr H!

I have a BC front coilover that the threaded bar on the damper (the bit that the top nut screws onto to hold the top mount on) has snapped. I have the piece that snapped off. Would you be able to do anything with it? Obviously they are hollow to allow for the damping adjustment but I don't mind losing that feature if it means you could fix it as it's currently sat on the shelf unusable haha. I'll get some pics if that will make it easier. could bring it to JAE? I tried to get a new damper from BC but they messed me about and were completely awkward about it.

Thanks!

Charlotte

5 hours ago, funny onion said:

Welcome Mr H!

I have a BC front coilover that the threaded bar on the damper (the bit that the top nut screws onto to hold the top mount on) has snapped. I have the piece that snapped off. Would you be able to do anything with it? Obviously they are hollow to allow for the damping adjustment but I don't mind losing that feature if it means you could fix it as it's currently sat on the shelf unusable haha. I'll get some pics if that will make it easier. could bring it to JAE? I tried to get a new damper from BC but they messed me about and were completely awkward about it.

Thanks!

Charlotte

I can definitely have a look at it for you Charlotte and I can see what I can do!

2 hours ago, jellybaby said:

Shims for cams :p

That’s not something I can really do as they would need heat treatment for hardening after or they would wear out in no time plus there is other options out there that work too, I could grind existing shims but the same again there’s already a good selection out there so it would hardly be worth it tbh.