URGENT HELP with fitting front Bilstein B6 Inserts Please

Hi all - I am trying to fit the Bilstein B6 Sport Shocks (P/N 34-050484) at the front of my EP91 (UK spec).

I know about cutting the top of oem struts and bolting at the bottom but the threaded ring on top of the insert which supposed to lock into cut oem tube is TOO BIG (SEE THE PHOTO).

1202158331_BilsteinB6forEP91.thumb.jpg.1bdd7d0e0bc8c9bdc37e9bee228b65fe.jpg

Does anyone know how to fit this bloody thing?!?

The car is on the lift at the garage and even my mechanic is badly stuck with this...

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

Edited by Di_Bodi

always wondered about these but never seen any guys running them.

On my KP starlet I replaced  bilstein inserts with  gaz inserts and it was just a case of unscrewing the top of the strut and fitting the new one inside the tube.

Edited by Bean

That's a surprise as Koni are discontinued and the B6s are on the market for a while... someone surely fitted them!

What other options do I have for sport shocks since konis are gone?!?

My front (on teins springs) looks ridiculously high on oem shocks (plus it bounces up on bumps) and I reckon sporty shocks is a must cure.

The Konis were very expensive when I remember camskill selling them. I cant see many people even bought them, only seen the odd set come up over the years.

In Japan there are plenty of options of stiffer KYB's but nothing over here.

I wouldn't mind paying for Koni! Bought them for rear but fronts are gone even from dutch warehouse.

I was thinking KYB SR special but there is no info that they would do lowering springs, only that they're stiffer.

Tockico (hitatchi) are discontinued too I think so is there really anything else even in Japan?

Ive got the KYB SR specials on my GT with rsr lowering springs and the car is very stiff, it doesn't sit low either.

Ive a set of trd springs I planned to try to see if it softened it up a bit and maybe sat a little lower. They are hard to find the SR special shocks.

I need to go lower at front so don't want them SR special that's the problem...

After fitting tein springs (for EP91 not EP82!) it was a big disappointment in relation to the look of the car. The rear is low alright but the front is a joke. How the hell they describe them teins as 57mm lowering?!?

Other than that they're great springs, lovely soft comfortable handling and car not bouncy (except over bumps!) but the height being 20mm lower than oem?!? That's why I've decided to change the shocks as the last resort and am left now with these useless bilsteins wrrrrrrrr

20170916_195833.jpg

20170501_203246.jpg