Hi guys, looking for recommendations on engine / gearbox mounts for my proposed 5efhte ep95.

I’ve had issues with aftermarket mounts before being too hard and having to remove them due to excessive vibration. I also found standard too soft on my gt starlet. So looking for something in between. What’s everyone using and are they the same as ep82 / ep91 mounts?

My aftermarket ones were not powerflex, not sure who made them. 

Cheers

just putting this option out there if you can't find any ready made ones to match your needs...you could always get stock ones and pack them with polyurethane ..it comes in different grades, so you can choose to suit your needs

lots of information/vids on the net on how to go about this

Edited by gorganl2000

You would have to get custom made poly mounts made with a lower shore compound.

I have red JD tuning mounts in my 85, they are 65A i believe.

I once tried to make my own with a 2 part liquid compound, but ended up not setting correctly. 

3 hours ago, daniel_g said:

You would have to get custom made poly mounts made with a lower shore compound.

I have red JD tuning mounts in my 85, they are 65A i believe.

I once tried to make my own with a 2 part liquid compound, but ended up not setting correctly. 

How are you finding those daniel? I think one/many of my mounts are worn but I'm not keen on having more vibrations

• 2 weeks later...

The JD ones are fine with me. All poly ones vibrate.

Best bet would be to make your own with a very low shore rating. But mine never even set so didnt fit them, long in the bin.

I was trying to make very near solid ones.

On 10/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, daniel_g said:

The JD ones are fine with me. All poly ones vibrate.

Best bet would be to make your own with a very low shore rating. But mine never even set so didnt fit them, long in the bin.

I was trying to make very near solid ones.

i did my new rear trd one a long time ago...you have to make sure its absolutely clean before you apply the polyurethane

i think i wiped it down with lacquer thinners before i started ---to get rid of any grease/oil/film

could have been around 10 years its been on now...last i checked recently, the polyurethane has "separated/unglued" on each side from the main mount, but are still in perfect condition, so i just push both pieces back in place on both sides ( they now act like inserts...lol)