1 hour ago, Starlet__SR said:

A lot seem to have problems with them. Incorrect tolerances in the thickness of the pads, damage to the input shaft, springs snapping. There’s a lad on Facebook where it’s also rubbed into the bellhousing too. 

Hmm guess it's time for a different clutch from a different manufacturer 

8 hours ago, Mk3 silver gt said:

Yeah I know exactly what you mean because I have the same and it's  killed my gearbox, i don't .ike these clutches there shite

So was it definitely the clutch that was at fault and causes of the issues? 

I had similar issues with mine, so got it changed, however there were no issues visable on the clutch.

The only issue that was mentioned was that shaft had run dry of grease even though it was greased when first fitted, which could have have stopped it from disengaging.

1 hour ago, BMX-RIG said:

I had similar issues with mine, so got it changed, however there were no issues visable on the clutch.

The only issue that was mentioned was that shaft had run dry of grease even though it was greased when first fitted, which could have have stopped it from disengaging.

Ahh okay did you just put a new clutch of the same make in? had any issues since ? 

5 hours ago, Alfie236 said:

Ahh okay did you just put a new clutch of the same make in? had any issues since ? 

I put my old one back in, i was unaware at the time but the one i removed was a TRD one. Not sure whether regreasing the shaft might have helped? While the box was off though i thought best to just rule it out as the car was annoying to drive. 

It was in the car for 2 years roughly and drove fine for most of the time, but over the summer it began to get worse.

Since changing its allot heavier to press, but has a more progressive feel. Mich better for daily driving.