Old returning member 4wd ep91

1 minute ago, Starlet__SR said:

Car doesn't have to be taxed with first registration either ;) 

1 minute ago, Starlet__SR said:

Car doesn't have to be taxed with first registration either ;) 

A used imported vehicle, yes it does. Do I have to send you a link to hmrc’s info on it?

Wow what a read.

You need to tax it when you register it and provide DVLA with the MOT cert. amongst other things too. So as zurgie said he is correct.

Either way, enjoy the car! Hopefully you find the bits you need to do the swap :thumbsup:

49 minutes ago, richglanzav said:

its news to me that theres a million 4wd gearboxes in ireland lol

Never once mentioned a 4wd box, though i have read that theres options for the manual boxes to be modified to accept the transfere box.

On 11/2/2018 at 7:53 AM, SKINY said:

bitchfest lol, anyhow this was on gumtree for yonks, first price was just under 4K :) 

can't wait to see ya about and get a good nose round it Gareth 

what else was in the collection?? 

Alot of strange toyotas and lexus,  the owner was an undertaker and travelled to japan alot, for what reason i dont know, he just liked buying them and shipping them home.  He was getting a new fleet of vehicles so needed his indoor premises cleared out.  If people must know, i paid 1300 quid for it, it was advertised at 1700 but was haggled down with regards to the costs of mot and registering it.  Not a price i would consider over the odds at all for it.  

7 hours ago, SKINY said:

Wouldn't mind seeing it lol, at that price you stole it off him, nice one :)

im in North down if your ever about give me a shout :thumbsup:

No bother, your not allowed to laugh at the landcruiser spare wheel on the boot lid though :D

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:50 PM, zurgieSR said:

Never once mentioned a 4wd box, though i have read that theres options for the manual boxes to be modified to accept the transfere box.

Have you got any info on that mate as this would be extremely interesting and useful for all 4wd owners that are scared of their boxes breaking

It comes with the Corolla style manifold standard as it uses the Gen3 FE engine.

You will also have a different ECU, wasted spark coil setup, fine spray navy / dark green injectors, a 4 wire o2 sensor (eco/emissions)

The 4wd transfer box would probably bolt to the bellhousing of an OEM LSD gearbox. Same bolt / stud pattern.

The 4wd manual diff very different to a regular FWD manual diff, its about 150% larger diameter and has a splined extension into the transfer box.

Chances are, you'll need one.

Do let us know how you get on though, if there is a quick fix we'd like to know.

• 1 month later...