Speedo Lights

The hardest bit is getting the speedo out. 

You might have to get the speedo cable off from underneath by removing the footwell plastics. 

After that its just a case of changing the bulbs for new ones. I would just get standard bulbs, led ones can start flickering after a while. 

The bulbs have a soft green plastic cap on them for colour. Put that one and your sorted. 

When putting speedo back in test the bulbs work by putting the connectors back in first.(bulbs wont work if they are in the wrong way). Then do speedo cable last.

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

The plastic caps are just for the colour, you will see what i mean when you get a bulb out

there might be more than one size but i cant remember. Im sure someone on here will know 

i think they are t5 wedge bulbs? 

Might be a couple of some t10 as well. Cant remember. They are not expensive so just buy a couple just in case, if not needed, keep as spare bulbs for front sidelights

Edited by 5T4R7ET N/A

The most important thing I can recommend is buying the best quality bulbs for the clock lights i.e. Osram. 

I had a couple of experiences replacing the clock bulbs with basic brand bulbs and they lasted less than 6 months and then you have to redo it all again.

The Osram's I've had in are years old and still good.

Edited by Farley V

Lucas bulbs are good, I have experience with them too.

Those or Osram / Philips would be my choice.

Not to knock the previous guy. I have tried those simply bulbs before in all sorts of bulb types. H7 h4 501 286 and they are poor.

I mean they work for a short time, a few months, but have always gone pop.

Edited by Farley V

Yes there is a plastic white 'over clip' on the speedo cable end that you need to pull aside from the notch in the cable end whilst then sliding it down the speedo cable. Then a tug should get it off.

My fingers aren't too fat so I was always able to get them behind the clock in situ to remove everything at the back, thankfully. :D

Edited by Farley V