Hi guy's

I got a TD04 Setup with "Precision Turbo"  external wastegate, Gizzmo MS-2 EBC.

I don't know if i'm in the right thread but i was testing my car with normal springs in the wastegate hit 10PSI esei with no Fuelcut.
runs great and everything.

Couple of days ago i went and put in the combination spring(13.5PSI) in the Wastegate and went driving yesterday and i played with the Gizzmo MS-2 a bit to with gain and duty cycle.
I did a test drive and i hit fuelcut like crazy.

My question now is, am i not suppose to only hit 13.5PSI because of the external wastegate or is this the working of the boost controller if so would i need to post it in the electronic thread?

Thanks in advance

1 hour ago, Tha Dragon said:

Hi guy's

I got a TD04 Setup with "Precision Turbo"  external wastegate, Gizzmo MS-2 EBC.

I don't know if i'm in the right thread but i was testing my car with normal springs in the wastegate hit 10PSI esei with no Fuelcut.
runs great and everything.

Couple of days ago i went and put in the combination spring(13.5PSI) in the Wastegate and went driving yesterday and i played with the Gizzmo MS-2 a bit to with gain and duty cycle.
I did a test drive and i hit fuelcut like crazy.

My question now is, am i not suppose to only hit 13.5PSI because of the external wastegate or is this the working of the boost controller if so would i need to post it in the electronic thread?

Thanks in advance

What have you got your gain and duty set on your boost controller?

Set it all at 0 / 0 so its not adjusting anything and see what boost you hit. Sounds like youve got the duty turned up, hence hitting a higher boost level than your spring pressure. 

FYI 13.5 psi is still above fuel cut on most cars however, so you wont be able to run below FC with that spring.

I would stick with the 10psi spring, then use your boost controller to raise your boost up. You can get to about 0.85 bar / 12psi before hitting fuel cut so you've not got a massive window. 

1 hour ago, RobSR said:

No fuel cut is around 0.85 bar. 14 psi is 0.96 bar so way over fuel cut mate. 

Ok thanks i got it.

And i went to check, on my blitz turbo timer i clocked 1.08Bar Fuelcut and on the Gizzmo 12.5PSI so the Gizzmo is precise.

And i Had Duty Cycle At 30% and Gain At 10.

I just put everything to standard settings so Duty Cycle to 10% cause it won't go lower and Gain at 0.

I'll test it and c what happens and let u know tonite or tomorrow

1 hour ago, gorganl2000 said:

is your car tuned for this td04 set up?

Specs: HDI FMIC, TD04 Turbo kit with Precision Turbo Wastegate 38mm( at the moment 13.5PSI Springs, Going Back To 10PSI Springs) Oil Catch Can, Forged Ross Racing Piston and pins. Stock Con Rods, TRD Thermostat, Racing Radiator, Stock injectors, AEM Fuel pump, FPR, TRD Sparkplug Wires, MSD Coil, Gizzmo MS-2 EBC, Custom Free Flow Exhaust Pipe.

What i'm doing now is just to tune the EBC, So i can install my Blitz plug and play ECU and then put the 13.5PSI Springs.

Plans after that: upgraded injectors and switch from blitz plug and play to Greddy Emanage Blue.(Thoughts of installing it on the blitz or without the blitz, Just thoughts)

That's why i'm searching for some advice.

Best regards

5 hours ago, RobSR said:

It’ll be fine on the TD04 underfuel cut, naturally when you fit the Blitz ecu log your afr’s and listen for Knock as it won’t be set for your TD04 setup. 

Ok Thanks, did the test, i really need to replace the 13.5PSI spring back with the 10PSI Spring untill in fit the Blitz ECU, and tune it just before the fuelcut.

Thanks for the help guy's

8 hours ago, RobSR said:

It’ll be fine on the TD04 underfuel cut, naturally when you fit the Blitz ecu log your afr’s and listen for Knock as it won’t be set for your TD04 setup. 

where i live, if he runs it as it is on td04 set up on any kind of decent boost, he will eventually break piston ringlands due to our low pump gas quality...i'm not certain in his region how it is and i don't believe in taking chances when it can be avoided. hence i'd suggest he gets the car tuned asap, preferably with the EMB as it can be custom to his set up

if you choose to use EMB, then you can run it with the stock ecu as there will be no real difference between the stock ecu and blitz ecu in overall power after the tune ----sell the blitz and make some money or put it down

if you choose to run the Blitz ecu, then do as robsr said and get it professionally checked for fuel and knock/ignition, as you have no idea what it's tuned for. this is the only way you will know if it is safe. 

12 minutes ago, gorganl2000 said:

where i live, if he runs it as it is on td04 set up on any kind of decent boost, he will eventually break piston ringlands due to our low pump gas quality...i'm not certain in his region how it is and i don't believe in taking chances when it can be avoided. hence i'd suggest he gets the car tuned asap, preferably with the EMB as it can be custom to his set up

if you choose to use EMB, then you can run it with the stock ecu as there will be no real difference between the stock ecu and blitz ecu in overall power after the tune ----sell the blitz and make some money or put it down

if you choose to run the Blitz ecu, then do as robsr said and get it professionally checked for fuel and knock/ignition, as you have no idea what it's tuned for. this is the only way you will know if it is safe. 

ok, i will take both of ya'll advises i'll do some checking and let you guy's know what i end up with

• 2 weeks later...

I would un plug your ebc fit the 13.5 psi spring sell the blitz plug n play go and buy emb and also a decent fpr with injectors get it all set up on the rolling road then you can't go wrong..you can run that blitz ecu on the TD04 but it won't be as good as a finer rolling tune