I'm pretty sure I've said this elsewhere, but I decided in the end to not go ahead with the 86 and I went for something i knew I'd love, so this is the result.

she's already had plenty done on the engine side of things (zisco ramhorn mani, TD04 turbo, Apexi AVC-R boost controller and quite a bit more), so I'll be concentrating on the handling side of things (suspension, brakes and so on)

image0.jpg
image0.jpg

The bits I'll do soon is new tyres (yoko AD08R's all round) as well as a carpet bought from corey on the forum

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/23/2019 at 6:03 PM, gwtaylor said:

what is the front splitter from do you know?

Splitter is from a VW golf VR6/GTI.

As a side note, the rear tow hook can be classed as an MOT failure due to being a sharp/hard object protruding from the bodywork (incase some old dear bashes thier shin basically) but would have to have a very picky tester to fail it tbh.

2 minutes ago, Yorke said:

Splitter is from a VW golf VR6/GTI.

As a side note, the rear tow hook can be classed as an MOT failure due to being a sharp/hard object protruding from the bodywork (incase some old dear bashes thier shin basically) but would have to have a very picky tester to fail it tbh.

But could not same be said for a tow bar?

Basically its a long debate about 'reasons and excuses to stomp on modified cars'

The fact isnt that a solid towing eye is a more dangerous protrustion that a factory fitted or aftermarket tow bar, but rather that somebody at VOSA or some salad in charge of MOT rules, decided to make it a rule down to the testers discretion.

On 2/24/2019 at 11:11 AM, Kieran Barber said:

As requested:

Areas for sure do need cleaning up, but all in due time

image0.jpg
image1.jpg
image2.jpg

Would you consider drawing around you alloy cooling panel and sending I’d pay postage so I could make one up for myself as don’t fancy paying big money for a simply design

• 4 weeks later...

I've done a few things recently (some as recent as today), has done wonders to the little GT

so I got the AD08R's fitted last week, much better than having westlakes on the front lol
image0.jpg

the next major thing I did was swapping the standard panhard rod out for the Cusco adjustable I had on the SR, as well as the KYB SR special shocks and RS-R progressive lowering springs
image0.jpg
image0.jpg

then a tiny thing to add, I got some team heko wind deflectors as an early birthday present
image0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...