Front Coil Spring Seat help needed

evening all

So recently I had changed over the front shocks and springs for the MOT , but I noticed once i had them out that the springs were not seating correctly on the top plate (Bit between the top mount and the spring) and possibly thought it had the wrong springs on prior. I did notice whilst driving and coming out of low range gears a fairly loud clicking noise which I later discovered to be the springs moving around whilst the car was in between changing gears (hard to explain, sorry) anyways so I changed them over with Tein S tech springs with sachs front shocks and the previous owner had replaced the top mounts themselves. however once the new springs were on I wasnt too convinced on how they were sitting either. the springs are definitely the right way as the wider base sits at the bottom. a couple weeks after fitting the new springs the loud click has started again and im going to check the springs to confirm my suspicions however I was just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem? perhaps the spring seats are not the correct ones? or maybe its been put back together incorrectly? or perhaps a completely different problem all together? (worn bush etc) ---Also not sure if my terminology is correct with it being called a Spring seat but the best I can describe it as being the bit between the top mount itself and the spring

any help would be greatly appreciated

On 3/30/2019 at 7:50 PM, Starlet__SR said:

You need to replace them for 98 onwards spring seats, they have a lip that encircles the top of the spring. 

cheers, any place I could buy these? ive tried having a look at all the usual places (ebay, euro car parts etc) but i could try my local toyota garage unless you know of a place yourself

• 2 weeks later...