Code 12 after rotor distributor ht lead and spark plug change

ive got a problem with my glanza i changed the ignition parts today with a kit from tuning developments after i put everything back together i went to start and it turned over about 3 times then just gave up turned key off then on again and it fired up but with the eml on as i came to a stop round the corner from my house it went off then as soon as i pulled off it came back on again i checked the codes and got code 12 (RPM Signal No G or NE signal present for 2 seconds during cranking  Open G circuit Open, short in G or NE circuit) so i checked all the plugs again and still had the same problem but then i went to go off again and it refused to start after a couple of tries i came back to life and felt normal rpm gauge still works i put all the old igniton stuff back on and its still go the same problem its got spark and smells like fuel when it turns over but it take a few goes and a bit of throttle and it starts and run fine apart from a low ish idle

ive tried putting a jump lead from ground to the engine ive had the ecu out and checked grounds wires seem fine ive cleaned the distributor plug with contact cleaner ive checked the pump primes, it worked fine other then a misfire before i had everything out its got a brand new battery on and ive tried others to check its not the problem if anyone can help itll be hugely appreciated. 

Thanks for the reply 

today I went though everything checked distributor plug wire to ecu all fine then I checked the power going to the coil 12v switched on one pin then 18v on the other while cranking it doesn’t have any spark so it must of been a very weak one I see last night I’ve ordered a new coil I checked and cleaned grounds on the coil and bracket still a bit stumped why’s it’s saying code 12 for a coil not making spark