Can you tell if a Gearbox is LSD from the outside?

4 hours ago, Timmah said:

Does it look like it has an LSD? 

Cheers!

Yes that to me looks like an OEM LSD Gearbox. It has the lsd outside of the box on the drivers side, standard gearboxes do not have this.

Be warned that you will need to source a shorter drivers side driveshaft as they are shorter because the lsd pokes out the side. These drive shafts would have came with the car which had the LSD box fitted but can be quite difficult to find.

1 hour ago, Patches said:

Yes that to me looks like an OEM LSD Gearbox. It has the lsd outside of the box on the drivers side, standard gearboxes do not have this.

Be warned that you will need to source a shorter drivers side driveshaft as they are shorter because the lsd pokes out the side. These drive shafts would have came with the car which had the LSD box fitted but can be quite difficult to find.

Cheers dude! I did realise the drive shafts are different, but did not realise they may be next to impossible to find here.

3 hours ago, Timmah said:

Cheers dude! I did realise the drive shafts are different, but did not realise they may be next to impossible to find here.

Might be worth seeing whoever has the box if they can supply the shaft with it. They come up from time to time but generally get sold with a box rather than on their own

15 hours ago, karl. said:

you also need to get the rear mount (black bracket) and you also need the rear alloy mount that bolts onto the car.

Good spotting.. I think this idea may be down the drain. The seller has none of those parts, nor the drive shafts :(