• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Continued attacking the front end. 

New wheel bearings fitted, hubs stripped and cleaned. 

New inner and outer trackrods with new gators.

new polly bush drop links 

stripped and painted stock FARB 

anti lift kit 

polly FARB bushes 

new genuine balljoints 

stripped and painted wishbones with pollybush fitted 

had tracking done after, once I have other parts fitted I will have the coilovers fully setup. 

* make sure you order the correct size inner tack rods. 

IMG_7731.PNG

IMG_7732.PNG

IMG_7733.PNG

IMG_7734.PNG

• 2 weeks later...

Being a bit slow and all, it took me a while to realise that your first car was actually my brothers old GT, and even though it's no longer alive, I thought you might like to know a little of its history.

We bought the car from a TGTT chap called Robbo here in NI, and we believe it was a late (Nov) 1995 car, making it one of the last off the line before the 91s started. I would need to confirm this, but it was likely imported by Trevor in Ballymena (JapImports4U), but again, that's not gospel.

My brother's build thread for it is here: https://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/19540-marks-ep82-gtt/

When Mark had to reluctantly (and frankly f**king stupidly) sell it on, he sold it to Spoon_tuned, this thread is here: https://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/74121-my-95-gt-turbo/

I think some of the parts, including the OEM rear mesh tints and ducktail went on to live on Red11's car: https://www.ukstarletowners.com/topic/53149-redz11s-6-speed-tomsdoobie-kitted-blitz-k24-powered-gt-turbo/

We lost track of it after that, so I don't know the path it took to Maddox sadly. I know the car gave Spoon_tuned a bit of hassle, but if we'd have been able to get our hands on that car again I would have held on to it permanently. The only remaining piece is the WinningSports spoiler, and it's locked away somewhere very safe.

Anyways, sorry to hear it's dead, but really pleased to hear that she did her job and took the impact to protect everyone in the car.

All the best with the new project,

Phil.

Well, thankyou for looking after the car and selling it on got what she was. Solid and very well looked after paint work. I have a couple little bits lefts off the car still. I traveled up by train to Maddox knowing very little as it was my first car, my brother at the time had a silver Mk3 which he has recently bought, and still has now ! He took the car for the first test drive as I was fresh out from passing, when I took her out we drove the the garage filled her up and the deal was done. Took me 6 months to find a clean GT and I was over the moon. I went on to own the car for around 2 years using it as a daily driver, changing the oil every other month. I didn't do any mods to the car what so ever just enjoyed her. Done 2 tanks on the first paul walker tribute meet which was wicked, never once skipped a beat. In fact the only thing that ever went wrong was 2 alternator belts snapping and one gear linkage bush failed. Was on the way home from a local car meet with the misses and son when a Merc hit us at well over a tonne, absolutely mad expirnace. 

• 3 months later...

So after trying out no PS and electric PS I have chosen to go back to stock, all brackets and pump stripped down and painted. Braided high pressure line, TD low pressure hoses and RW catch tank, happy with the outcome. 

Belt arrives this week. 

IMG_8730.JPG

Turbo back from Midlands, had a little in and out play that I wasn't happy with after a few miles, possible boost leak caused it to over spin. Abit disappointed about the situation but shit happens, Liam looked after me so glad it's back. 

New fmic pipework coming in the next few weeks so we won't have any issues again. 

IMG_8642.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Few hours drive to get down to a good friends garage to have some welding bits done in the engine bay, drove faultlessly, taking it easy until mapping. 

Update on pictures over the coming weeks

thanks for the comments lads 👌

89e81d42-7798-48fb-8dc0-4468838c46d2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

wow thats amazing work on those pie cuts!

Love the wepr kit Sacha does amzing work Cant wait to fit mine

How does the clutch feel? I ve bought the exact same kit but  wont be having my engine put together anytime soon as i need to source more parts.

Also does the c160 transmission just bolt on? how is it holding up?

Heald up good with my bro battering it at 250hp and torque to match so time will tell mines rebuilt but haven't done many miles to comment, the clutch is amazing I've reccomended it to a few friends now also I couldn't believe how good it performs, my 4 puk was heavey and very bitey but found this 6puk to be fairly normal as far as race clutches go was very impressed. 

Bell housing swap for most C series boxes mate. 

• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress photos of the amazing work Matt Friend is doing for me. Want everything to be perfect on this car so little details down to small brackets really make the difference. Intercooler pipework nearly finished up now, more sexy fabrication to come ! 

D36691B5-48CB-4FD0-8E97-8159E0D065C2.jpeg

22137AEC-9D4B-4CCE-8B6A-A0B0ADE63526.jpeg

EB44546A-2D6E-4E7B-AA1A-15058372C5A8.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Some more updates of Matt Friends great work, intercooler mounted properly with all pipework done, so happy with the out come ! Maximum clearance and stunning pie cuts! 
few more bits and bobs to do with some mods to my cage to come next, can’t wait. 

new samco joiners and camps also fitted. 

8316C070-7378-4456-8039-61157C5251A2.jpeg

7A8BCBD4-B9E2-4675-ABE2-C1002C5BF85F.jpeg

0F52A81D-E827-4223-B923-536288C1433F.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

Some more progress done by Matt, 

-coil pack mounts welded on, will polish the cover up once it’s back. 

- exhaust gas temp sensor bung fitted.

- water meth injetor bung fitted.

- oil cooler mount cleaned up. 

Nearly ready to come back now and fit all the new parts ready for mapping ! A lot of good spec parts to follow as soon as she’s back. 

0073DA9C-3A67-4E3E-8E7E-D9239F9B0105.jpeg

794842FA-73D5-4429-BF9A-E1AF797C2D36.jpeg

CED53EC8-0FAD-4ACA-907E-B63C677062DA.jpeg

72F1A708-4644-4EE5-9C91-30ABABA5E327.jpeg

Great work and setup this. Many none starlet parts. I've got a feeling there's so much more going on here than you have put up🧐

This thing on methanol will be insane. What boost pressure are you hoping for. I bet the power hits hard and fast. As I look around the engine I find myself nodding. 

I can't find any info on this hyb  turbo. Very impressive. I need a favourite button to press. 

Last question. What master cylinder is that.

Edited by Sam44

Thanks mate appreciate it, hours taken to put things together, I’m not going crazy in boost pressure It won’t be over 1.4 bar for sure due to the exhaust housing. The turbo is custom built mate there are a couple “TD12 hybrids” about but I don’t think any have been built to this spec. I think the MC was off a Mitsubishi gto possibly, it’s a 1” I could probably do with going down 1 size but I’ll see how things go once she’s mapped and I can properly test her out. Bare in mind the brakes are huge and unless you have 6pots I wouldn’t bother upgrading unless you change to the largest starlet one as I think there’s 3 different sized MC from factory. 
big parts to come yet aswel so I will keep updating over the next few months 

Waw you know your stuff. Yeh I was going to go bigger calipers and I was wondering if there was a larger master cylinder for better delivery volumes. 

Them front calipers do look huge so I'd say you'll  be ok. Minimum pedal travel is what you want. It's just a case of setting the pedal to cylinder position correct which does take abit of patients and very slowly adjusting the cylinder position. To much and brakes come on to little and the front to rear bias is off this feels horrible, with these using a pressure sensing bias valve to activate the rear brakes. 

I'll get 1 bought. I'm looking for front brake conversion now. 

With you running methanol and external gate you should be fine to push the boost pressures. 

Edited by Sam44