So love this build probly one of the best starlet setups I've seen. Everything complements the other plus working within engine power tolerance and the design utilises every power gain possible very efficient. So so impressive this. 

What make is this manifold,and do they do a tdo4 fitment do you know??. I want one.

I'm going for these tyres also if you can control wheel slip with that turbo and the same gearbox then I should be fine. 

Do you have a Dyno graph if possible. You can message it to me I'll keep it to my self. What cams are you running haha, so so many questions for you haha. I can see you know what you are doing. 

Edited by Sam44
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Keep up the good work mate. First time I've seen that hybrid of yours, thats a big CT turbo haha!

I've an old tongs on mine Liam rebuilt for me with an uprated bearing but I always wanted to get hold of a td12 to try at some point.

Nice brake upgrade too, I had heard of these been fitted years ago but never actually saw a set fitted. I've a spare set of those in the garage from when I rebuilt my GT4.

I can remember OKY from back in the day nice to see its going strong and well looked after.

Edited by Bean

Appreciate the comments lads thank you. 

I can’t run more boost due to turbo design mate but I wouldn’t gain much more past 1.4bar due to having a ct9 exhaust housing. 

manifold kit is WEPR, it is a td04 kit that I have mate due to the td04 core so yes they can make it and anything else you require. 

5efhe cams fitted with adjustable cam pulley. 
dyno day will be once more parts are fitted should be targeting may for mapping, no graph of the current map unfortunately. 

brakes do feel amazing they have been tested but no real heat through them yet to really see what there about, pads are not the best of what’s available by a long shot so room for improvement if needed. 

I had a feeling you had bigger cams in because of the turbo design. Solid tune this respect. 

Your going to really hunt down them 0 to 120 mph times with your setup. 

Your tune is the polar opposite of mine aimed at the same speed range and power band tuned for optimum torque and hp. using turbo and cam arrangement's mainly but there so finally tuned squeezing every little drop out of it.  

It will be good to put our graphs side by side once complete. 

Edited by Sam44

Again Matt Friend has smashed it with this brake master cylinder stopper ! If you have ever wondered why people fit these get your mate to jump in your starlet and pump the brake pedal and watch how much the master cylinder moves, you will be surprised. 
super happy with the outcome 100% perfect fitment. 

F25EDC70-C9CA-4280-9E40-63ECFE630325.jpeg

ADF8E4F8-3573-4DD2-AD9F-C7DE1D62ABD3.jpeg

261F9A1A-B829-41C8-87A0-3FE944BD1F3C.jpeg

Nice build 😎

I will be very interested to see what you get power and spool wise. As I've almost the same setup I ran on my car last year.  Same wepr top mount manifold and downpipe and also rebuilt td12 turbo by Midland turbos and billet compressor.  I ran it on a standard rebuilt engine at 1bar and made 224bhp. Keep the updates with dyno results as very little info / dyno figures with the td12

I will do mike, it’s a lively turbo to say the least it’s purely focused on quick spool and quick revving. 

lads there will be a production run for the brake master cylinder stoppers, just finalising the design and confirmation if they will fit a ep91 chassis aswel. 
price will be £80 posted, I will update on completion of the product. 

• 4 weeks later...

Collected her from Matts and I’m so pleased what an amazing job him and his bro have done ! 
I will give updated on the ep91 fitment for the brake stopper ASAP for all those waiting. 
cars driving amazing, a lot more to follow real soon. 

24A278BC-EFA5-4793-9512-DD3E82035F7D.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Brad93 said:

Confirmation they fit !! Ofcoarse if you have ABS the lines will have to be moved. Please contact me or Matt for purchase 

I'll have 2 please when there ready. Ep91. 

A really good setup gt Brad. Can't wait to see the Dyno graph it's going to impress. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a little sneak preview of what’s to come, all parts are hear just need to find the time to clean them up and get them all on the car, I have a mountain to get through. 

8291C74A-2830-4BBC-8DBF-49D10E9112FC.jpeg

EB0FB4AF-4516-4311-9823-30CFB82833D8.jpeg

I spy.... little sneak preview of what’s to come, all parts need a good clean up first and paint... struggling to get time being a key worker. Few pictures to keep the thread updated 

6C4842C1-4A52-4675-9098-1D43E1BCB071.jpeg

3370102B-C2AF-423B-B72D-292C18C86E29.jpeg

FDD0682D-0611-468C-9924-E10BF3A03B99.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Old axle off, on with the restored Pollybushed ABS one, red oxide primer and gold hammertite top coats. 
rear/middle under brace also fitted with some persuasion. Slowly getting there now just awaiting a few parts and it can crack on with the interesting stuff ! 

• 3 weeks later...