• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Im running a microsquirt on my 4e and its a good starter standalone for the money but that ecumaster is quite the ecu. So many features. You going to use the wheel speed sensors to implement some sort of boost by gear or traction control? 

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone. 
yes boost by gear and traction control, the traction is going to be on a toggle switch for sensitivity, not sure how I will get on with that but for sure boost by gear could really help times. 
looking like I’ll be going to meet Rob and having Romain map it, he seems the best in the UK and Robs allways helped and been sound with me. 

Mishimoto carbon rad cap and fitted the expansion bottle, great breather system in it built in tube with outlet at the bottom same as the RW catch tank. 
More research required on SPAL fans and one will be fitted. 

FC219EAE-E470-4CAE-99FC-404ED58D0E5F.jpeg

Inlet had a bath in the ultra sonic cleaner, really impressed with the outcome. 
painted the runners high temp black, polished the plenum and fitted all new zinc coated bolts and nuts. 

few more bits in order and I can crack on with some more work and wiring. 

38AD0D27-4B4E-45F0-B23A-A2C3311271EE.jpeg

9E61EC5D-1CE3-45E1-827E-B71D1C2E7B1D.jpeg

9465A25D-4F27-4098-A4F0-577FFB4BED01.jpeg

• 5 weeks later...

More progress, injectors in and fit perfect. Fuel rail on with Correct size bolts, throttle body on with correct size bolts as no room for studs and nuts. 
can’t have the most powerful fan on the market which I believe is mishimoto believe it or not as it’s too deep. So looks like a decent flowing one will have to do, still a lot better than what’s currently on there which does the job fine. 
as you can see the cold side pipe needs slight modding to fit the new position so back down to Matts. 
Also had to re tap the inlet temp sensor thread as I said the wrong size to HDF like a plonker ! 
All fresh studs in head, new nuts and gaskets. 

really happy with how things are progressing. 

19338011-793D-4FD3-A53F-7565C2A8F547.jpeg

D0DBA31D-0F5C-4272-B346-24752DBC1609.jpeg

CC577229-12CC-410F-8C3B-EECFF1162D70.jpeg

What a pig this was to fit ! You wouldn’t believe how much I had to unbolt to get the engine to drop enough to swap the pulley over, including all 3 engine mounts ! Lol typical starlet shit as usual, got there in the end with the help from my pals Dave and Mike. 

D2CCB8FB-4815-41AC-820F-0DEB867F7A09.jpeg

Although it doesn’t have the harmonic damper which isn’t ideal, it is very lightweight compared to stock mate so size isn’t an issue ? 
can’t say I’ve seen the 5e trigger wheel before so I can’t comment there mate, got a photo? 

• 4 weeks later...

Finally got my mk1 TRD clocks ! And to top it off another glow panel, this one is absolutely mint really happy with it. Progress is slow over Christmas being a family man. Hopefully some bits come through the post soon and I can get cracking where time permits. 

99362DEE-B0A2-447B-BD07-7144C1A7FB37.jpeg

• 4 months later...

A lot of wiring going on atm, we have ended up purchasing a lot of new tools but that all part of the fun ! Engine loom is done just need to add a few things to it. Fuse and relay board now taking shape, a lot of extras being wired in, trying to get everything done properly with sheaving and heat shrink ect, even ordered a heat shrink printer to get the sexy labels on the go ! 
everything’s mocked up on the temp board for now really happy with the progress. 
lack of photos this time but will try to get more and keep this updated abit better. 

FFD6C9A7-8F5B-4BEE-B17E-DBAEE38DB153.jpeg

E0252FE4-0E7A-4106-BAFA-388C8C459A60.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...

More wiring complete just waiting on more plugs. 
rolled her out to clean the garage up. 
intercooler cold side back down at Matts to be slightly modded for the ACIS inlet new position. 
also managed to grab a carbon rear Cusco brace from my good friend Josh. 
photos of the wiring to follow soon. 

DFA7096A-FC35-48A7-BE51-1538EA1C2F19.jpeg

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Really nice build man!

I'm just about to wire up one of my rear wheel speed sensors for traction control, let me know how you get on with it.

Pretty cool you are going with the ECU Master Wheel Speed to CAN, are you just taking the signals from the ABS ECU or are you running new wires to the sensors? I can't even remember where the rear sensor wiring comes into the cabin.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2021 at 11:59 PM, Brad93 said:

Ran all new screened twisted pair for all 4 sensors mate, used super seal plugs on the stock sensors, have a few setbacks to sort before I get back to the wiring but not in a rush. 

Nice man, good to see someone going all out with the wheel speed sensors