So the whole time I thought I had a td04l on my gt as thats what I was told when I brought it 2 years ago. I had a look at the serial numbers and its actually a TF035.

When I mapped the car last year at TD i got 196bhp at 0.7 bar boost as the controller was faulty on high setting. 14.5 quarter mile @ 95mph

I was going to go back for another map and with a new controller. What sort of bhp are people getting on the TF035 turbo?

Or is it better to go td04 to get more power if its not going to be much increase in bhp at higher boost?

7 hours ago, RobSR said:

Whats your full setup and what are you using the car for?

If youre not forged, you may as well stay with the TD035

Car is just a weekend car to cruise around.

It has standard internals, wepr manifold with internal wastegate, full exhaust system, emanage ultimate, competition clutch stage 4.

What sort of bhp can you expect from the TD035’s at a bar boost?

• 3 months later...
On 8/1/2019 at 8:32 PM, RobSR said:

Ok no point going TD04 then. 

200-220 ish for that boost I’d imagine. 

I now have a stage 2 forged engine going in thinking of running around 240-250bhp now. 

Looking at fitting the td04 in now so i can definitely reach that just incase the TF035 cant make them figures.

Which td04 is the best one to put in and from which year subaru does it have to be from. So many with different model numbers. 

TF035  will not make your new power target because at around 1bar, its almost maxed out.

td04L is very slightly laggier..but will easily meet your new requirements and have a little extra in reserve in case you want a little bit more power later on.

• 5 months later...

Hi,

Didn't want to start a new thread. So the story goes. I'm collecting parts for a 4efe + t build. I have a TD04l ramhorn manifold and downpipe and got excited and bought a TD04l from eBay.

Looking for 150 ish bhp and max rpm of 6k (N/A ecu and piggyback)

The pt. no for the turbo is 14412AA560, 49377-04505. Turns out its from an impreza WRX and forester 2.5ltr ej255 around 2006

It has a small crack in the exhaust housing and the compressor wheel has 2 small pieces missing from blade tips and a nick or two in a blade. It will probably need a rebuild but before I sink money into it...

My question is, is it a good turbo for the power i'm looking for or would a TF035 6cm be a better option? Also would the TF035 fit to the TD04l manifold and downpipe without mods as I won't be buying a different one.

I am worried about later spooling as I have a 6k rev limit, not sure if the TD04l exhaust housing is different between 2.0 and 2.5l subaru's. I have found photos that show some subtle differences.

So its either rebuild TD04l with same turbine housing or one from a ej20 (think the "best" subaru turbo for the glanza is 49377-04300? can anyone confirm?)

Or buy TF035 if it fits manifold and downpipe and is more suitable for intended power and rpm limit. (Does anyone have the part number for the TF035 6cm?)

Not really interested in Hybrids (although a TD04l comp wheel and housing with a TF035 Turbine and 6cm housing sounds like fun.) Also I can use a boost solenoid to bring the boost in quicker but there's only so much it can do.

I've searched and found topics related to this dilemma but it was glanza's not N/A + T with lower rpm. It is also possible that it really won't make a huge difference! Hopefully someone can shed some light on the matter. 

Cheers

Edited by Claymore

I'm also very interested in this topic?. I've tried messaging afew people ho ran these tfo35 turbos but I didn't get any replys. As I got the manifold fit ments wrong on a recent ct9 hyb thread I'll see what I can find first. 

I've run the 14412aa100 49377-04000 tdo4l standard turbo at 8psi, on a 5efe ep91 inlet manifold and a zisco ram's horn exhaust manifold external gated on a electronic boost controller 4efe ep91 engine cams. Pressure build was around 3krpm and came on full boost by 4250rpm. The only reason for this turbo was to check my hyb against a stock turbo, I picked it up for 30quid really good condition. 

Edited by Sam44
8 hours ago, wickedep said:

for the power that you are looking for..TF035  would be better than td04L. faster response. 

Thanks mate, was leaning that way myself.

Don't suppose you would know if any models of TF035 6cm have the same exhaust flanges as TD04l? If I go TF035 it will have to fit the TD04l mani and downpipe I have.

I found this part number posted by 5e Colin - "49135 04700 and upwards" it relates to TF035HM. 

Hopefully you have some flanges you could compare.

Cheers

12 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Thanks mate, was leaning that way myself.

Don't suppose you would know if any models of TF035 6cm have the same exhaust flanges as TD04l? If I go TF035 it will have to fit the TD04l mani and downpipe I have.

I found this part number posted by 5e Colin - "49135 04700 and upwards" it relates to TF035HM. 

Hopefully you have some flanges you could compare.

Cheers

fitment of TF035 and TD04L is identical mate. so the TF035 will fit your Td04L manifold set up....so will the larger Subaru VF series turbo (single scroll). TF035hm is the correct model..it the stock turbo found in the Subaru Forrester where as the TD04L is the stock turbo found in the 2.0L Subaru WRX.