Toyota Paseo with Forged Starlet Turbo Engine - what's it worth?

Hi All, I've just joined the forums looking for some help and assistance.

My best friend passed away in 2007 and at the time I was helping him turbo him Toyota Paseo.  We bought a complete early 90s Starlet Turbo and did the conversion, then before completing it he decided to go mad with it, rebuilding the engine with Scat steel rods, ARP bolts, Wiseco pistons.  Adding an aftermarket manifold to take a larger turbo from an Impreza STi, front mount intercooler, full custom exhuast system etc.

At the time he had also bought coilovers, a TRD LSD and an Apexi full stand alone ecu and hand controller.  Unfortunately he passed away before it was ever mapped.  A few years later at the request of his folks who wanted the car to be made roadworthy so they could drive it, the LSD and coilovers were sold on with the plan being to use the money to have the Apexi mapped, as the car was overfuelling quite badly with the map that was on it.  Though it was never driven, only ever ran in the garage.  The mapping never happened, and now the Apexi has gone missing.  Put in a safe place that has turned out to be too safe.    I pulled the car out to photograph it a few weeks ago and luckily the standard Starlet ECU was in the car, and with some jump leads started up and ran.  I have a short video of this.  I would still suggest the car should be mapped most likely, given the significant changes from standard.

As you can see from the pics, the car is styled as would have been the fashion in the mid 00s, along with all Alpine in car entertainment, that would have been worth a fortune back in the day.

The car has some blemishes throughout the paintwork, but it's only covered 39k and has been stored for 12 years so it's in good condition in general.

The family home has been sold and I've been asked to try and sell the car.  It's not an easy thing to put a price on.  To the right person it would make a very interesting and very cool car, but will need a good going over in order to get it all roadworthy and running correctly.  That being said, the wheels turn freely, it was stored with the handbrake off, pulled out of the garage every year or two and started etc.

It would be great to see the car go to an enthusiast and finally completed and used as it was intended, but we are struggling with what value to place on the car.  With such sentimentality attached to it neither the family, nor myself, want to let it go for pennies, but we are also aware of time and money that might be needed to finish the car off.

Therefore it seemed sensible to put this message and some pictures of the car on here and see what kind of feedback we receive from the community.

Thanks

20190817_143728.jpg

20190817_143803.jpg

20190817_143817.jpg

20190817_143828.jpg

20190817_143842.jpg

20190817_143855.jpg

20190817_143907.jpg

20190817_143914.jpg

20190817_143941.jpg

20190817_144021.jpg

20190817_144027.jpg

20190817_144219.jpg

20190817_144228.jpg

20190817_144257.jpg

20190818_134151.jpg

Hey buddy, that's a stunning looking wee car, I can't imagine it would need much to MOT it ?? 

Shame about the circumstances tho, would you not take it on yourself and finish and use it as a tribute to your mate :unknw:

Price wise I wouldn't have a notion unfortunately but I'd suggest buying a good bat for all the vultures this will attract looking parts 

• 6 months later...