Blue ish white smoke from exhaust?

Hi guys, if anyone saw my earlier post about the flickering oil light that has now gone. However my N/A Starlet is throwing out blue ish white smoke on idle and smoke out small clouds of smoke when you hit the accelerator. The car was misfiring so changed the plugs since they had oil on them and HT leads and that’s stopped the misfire however still smoking but having left it idle for 20 mins the smoke has reduced slightly but took the plugs out again and there is slight oil on the threads and spark plug tip. I have bought a new rocker cover gasket since the problems started when I took it off and didn’t replace the seals so once that arrives in the post I’ll fit the seals since it’s only started once I had the cover off. Also read that leaking rocker cover seals can cause the car to smoke. I’m assiming the seals will stop the smoke and have it running 100% again but if not, would you say a compression test to check the cylinders? And also are the Stem valve seals notorious for failing? 

Sorry for the long paragraph but really wanting to get this sorted 😕 

Edited by b3nn3tt01
More info added

is oil on all the plugs?

yeah, may be get a compression test done, it will give your some indication of the pistons, pistons rings, headgasket health on each cylinder

oil seems to be reaching the cylinders somehow and is making it to the combustion cycle---this can also come from the valve stem seals leaking, but unlikely to be leaking in all 4 cylinders

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 6:11 PM, gorganl2000 said:

is oil on all the plugs?

yeah, may be get a compression test done, it will give your some indication of the pistons, pistons rings, headgasket health on each cylinder

oil seems to be reaching the cylinders somehow and is making it to the combustion cycle---this can also come from the valve stem seals leaking, but unlikely to be leaking in all 4 cylinders

Totaly agree...