Started up fine, drove for 5 miles 30 zone fine, stopped at a set of traffic lights for couple of minutes then car started to rough idle low idle, so set of normal as you do seemed to lack power and sounds like running on 3 cylinders then 4 and 3, depending if i try to push acceleration a bit, gets to a happy mode but push some more then running rough and when travelling up a steep hill the car would not go past 20, started to smell and smoke as i got half way up, then settled down again on flat no smoking but still hardly any power. I thought i wouldn't make it home today and didn't really want to keep going but didn't have much choice, hope engine not fucked, coolent seems fine, oil looks good and didn't over heat. Can't here any strange noise from engine apart from if i try to rev which it struggles, then exhaust sounds like a subaru. 

All i can think of is the standard cat is knackered blocked up or sparkplugs

My glanza v is 100% standard with low mileage 

Any help will be greatly appreciated 

Edited by mart1
2 hours ago, maerijn said:

did you recently fuel her up?
there's thing about about E10 fuel in the news which definitely isnt good for our cars

Yes i did, had about quarter of a tank before so went to top it up to half way local tesco garage, i normally put Unleaded momentum 99 but this time i put Unleaded 95 in, drove home fine parked it up next day it was ok upto about 5 miles driving then that's when it started to play up. 

I had time to play around with the car today, put new spark plugs in NGk bkr7 because i checked the plugs and was NGK 5 thought that could be the cause but didn't make any difference, I've cleaned idle control valve as well still no difference. 

Disconnected the battery fiddled around distributor cap with rotor arm connected battery and its now running fine, drove it around for a blast all is good . Don't really know what ive done to fix it or if i have fixed it. Like you say could be fuel, I'm back down to running on empty, what should i stick in it? Also think i might get some comma petrol magic cleaner. 

Edited by mart1