5EFE DIS (non distributor model) with 4EFTE ecu ?

Hi guys

I have a EP82 currently running a stock 4EFTE etc.

I have done a 5E swap before no issues as it was an earlier model 5E with a distributor running the 4EFTE ecu with some small modifications to the wiring.

I have recently acquired a DIS model that runs no distributor and was wondering if it would be possible to do the same thing ?

I am not 100% sure if I could put the distributor from the 4EFTE onto the 5E as it seems there is no provision to bolt it all up.

For anyone that has done a 5E turbo build (retaining the 5E head with no distributor) how did you go about the wiring in an EP82 ?

Thanks in advance

It seems difficult to drive a  ep82 Ecu for a twin coil DIS. Some has wired with the EMU to do this tip,and it is better to  take a standalone ecu to do that...

My friend has done this conversion with a Fueltech Ecu.

With you 5efe Head, you will not be able to add a distributor .Take a 4efe or 4efte head with your 5efe botom end and you will be able to fit your harness and distributor.If you can't; take a standalone ecu

Edited by ramses
17 hours ago, ramses said:

It seems difficult to drive a  ep82 Ecu for a twin coil DIS. Some has wired with the EMU to do this tip,and it is better to  take a standalone ecu to do that...

My friend has done this conversion with a Fueltech Ecu.

With you 5efe Head, you will not be able to add a distributor .Take a 4efe or 4efte head with your 5efe botom end and you will be able to fit your harness and distributor.If you can't; take a standalone ecu

I was hoping that wasn't the issue!

I have a 4EFTE head I can use but was just wondering if I could do it without having to do that but it seems I will have to.

Thanks for the confirmation mate :)

Do you know if the crank signal is different on the DIS compared to normal 5E ? I have read somewhere about this but I couldn't find much information since the tercel forums are gone :( 

Edited by tiksie