How easy is it to replace front speakers?

I just did the ones in the mrs glanza, was a piece of piss 2 small screws and 2 10mm screw bolts..

but as says the 4” speakers are seriously pants, I just bought some vibe replacements from Halfords and some 6x9s worked out around £48..

mine didn’t have the rear speaker wire, so just bought 10m of wire cost £3, and just ran it behind the rear 1/4 and plastic running board, then up along the plastic under the steering wheel..

took around 30-45 minutes.

think I’m going to look at cutting and fitting some 6” speakers into the door where the pocket is.

this is the only picture I took 

97AD0785-E7BB-49DB-BB1A-62BCE3CD16AE.jpeg

Ok so I made a first step and removed passengers cover to see what is what. Although I am skilled in computers I am afraid to touch almost anything in a car that I don't know about. Especially when it comes to voltage etc.

I can at least try and replace these which is a cheap solution for starters. Thinking of Sxe-1025s Alpine 10cm 4'

I might need your help on connectors.

If all goes well I ll need your advice on how to properly run cables to the rear and cut holes for better speakers.

IMG_20191026_175436.jpg

IMG_20191026_175539.jpg

• 1 month later...

Ok, so it was rather easy after all.

Took both panels off cut the old ones and connected 2 new JVC ones.

Simple with duct tape, a bit more decent sound.

Next step is to run 2 oval speakers to the back like the ones @Logsdon has.

Last step is to get the old Clarion unit off and replace it with a modern one.

• 1 month later...

yesterday i also got rid of a relic Clarion and installed a new sony. 

With a bit of advice from a mechanic friend of mine on the phone i got the wiring done and it plays fine.

When someone in here tells me how to remove the inner side plastic things on the floor that hold the carpet i will also install a couple of good 6x9 in the back 😛

If you take of the plastic trim on the right hand side of the boot (as you look at it with the boot open) you should find a spare plug taped up in the wiring harness. This is for rear speakers, so no need to run a wire from the front yourself!

Hey Westie  thanks for this reply. I have already run the first cable up to a point (still need to figure out how to get the rear trims near the wheels off).
Is it possible you can make some photos of the spots you mention?

Here's some photos of the plug that should be taped up in the loom behind the panel in the first photo. It's designed to fit into the factory rear speaker parcel shelf as in the last photo, but you'll be able to attach your own plug for aftermarket speakers. 

Hope that helps! 

IMG_20200201_094527.jpg

IMG_20200201_094542.jpg

IMG_20200201_094602.jpg

IMG_20200201_094720.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to take these westie.

I take a peak at it although I don't get my hopes up since my starlet did not have any speakers at the back. I also need to figure out how to take all the trims out. I did the front trims but not the rear ones yet.