Toyota starlet Rtc after math need help

Hello all been a while since been on here, so I've owned are starlet for 7 years its had a great journey, recently it was involved in rtc, avoiding a stolen van in a narrow road my car hit a tree and over turned, the driver of the van failed to stop to see if I was alive. The police have tried to close the case as it's a rural lane no cctv coverage, my dash footage shows everything but no reg on the van. Dark blue transit van (year 2004 to 06) my insurance company is a nightmare to deal with, wrote the car of due to the age of it. Considering we have owned it for so long, it's been a very upsetting end to journey, it saved my life I got away with whip lash neck back and chest injuries, main injury is my lungs one side is getting less oxygen. But I'm strong I'll make it. The car was dragged by the recovery who actually made the damage 10x worse. So I have been offered it back as cat b, I'm aware this cant ever see the road ever again! But is there anyone out there with turquoise green toyota starlet ep91 car dead or a live or a shell, deep down i dont want this to be the end of a amazing journey with this car. I am hoping to transfer the bits across to another shell. 

If there is anyone that knows what I can do about the insurance all the help would be great I am insured by direct line, they have given me a hire car witch I haven't touched, but what can I do if the police wont do any more at there end.

Avoidance colension they are trying to put me down as the fault.

Sorry to hear about your smash

Sadly starlets are very structurally weak so sadly it won't be returning to the road which is sad. But you shouldn't have much problem finding a new one to swap everything over to

Insurance companies are mostly arseholes by nature, happy to take your money but will do their best to wiggle out of paying for anything and they will long it out as long as they can, but you have dashcam footage which should be indisputable. I hope someone more knowledgeable can chime in. 

The police themselves won't do much, so I wouldn't expect much from them unfortunately but I won't comment any further about the police... 

It is sad what you have gone through with your beloved and your injuries. But unfortunately with today's unjust world I doubt anything will materialize from the insurance or police. If anything does its a bonus. It's very upsetting to have someone destroy something you love and get away with it (and I wish them nothing but the worst, especially for not even checking if your ok) but try not to dwell on it too much.

The starlets journey may be over, but yours isn't. I wish you a speedy recovery mate