Josh's forged 5E Massive spec forged build! 370BHP!!

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Update:

Had a message from rob fisher to say my Link storm loom, Coil on plug looms and other bits and all ready to be shipped so should have them this coming week sometime so can crack on with getting them fitted next weekend hopefully,  Not sure if car will be running next weekend we will see but if it is i will let you all know here are some photos of the loom bits.

k7jScbI.jpg

RympJbl.jpg

PVwhCcZ.jpg

477yJ2o.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

its looking good...😎

could i make a suggestion?! could you consider putting some sort of rubber/silicone protection between the top tank of the radiator and the the car/chassis metal piece just in front of it? it looks quite close and may touch during hard driving....these aluminium radiators are quite soft and could easily develop a hole

16 hours ago, gorganl2000 said:

its looking good...😎

could i make a suggestion?! could you consider putting some sort of rubber/silicone protection between the top tank of the radiator and the the car/chassis metal piece just in front of it? it looks quite close and may touch during hard driving....these aluminium radiators are quite soft and could easily develop a hole

Thanks mate!

The rad is super sturdy tbh does not move, If i find it wobbling at all i will do that thanks for the heads up.  

Small update:

As you all know the weather has been shit across the UK for weeks now and when your trying to do electrical work they dont go together very well haha! 

So I've been behind my glove box and I've tidied up the horrendous wiring from who ever butchered into it previously as there was multiple splicings into the loom for voltage connections just left hanging and all sorts,  as you can tell by all the red cuts of wire in the foot well must have been almost 15-20 wires just hanging.  So i cut them all down and electrical taped the loom up to stop any wires shorting out.  I have cable tied and tidied a few wires and control units back under the dash to stop rattling and give me more room. 

So the ECU and Plug and play harness is in at the moment.  Plans for this weekend is to put in the bosche knock sensor on the block and plug it into the ecu loom,  I will also be doing the ID1050x wiring loom this weekend if all goes to plan and get that connected into the ECU.  The ID1050x injectors have also been put into the fuel rail ready cant wait to get them running as you can get a super smooth idle mapped into them that you can't do with the denso models available. 

I will also be taking off the intake manifold this weekend and attaching the New TPS sensor and will also be sorting out the LINK 4 bar MAP so should be a busy weekend. 

ZcPqM8u.jpg

wK6QSKH.jpg

Also went to my mate Joey's at the weekend and he welded me a threaded bung onto my intercooler pipe for an aftermarket intake temperature sensor.  Had a suprise while i was there too his grandad is hiding a R34 skyline in his garage for safe keeping looks absolutely mint too! 

akH0tBS.jpg

4jCraYe.jpg

WZPpJv0.jpg

zF6qEOs.jpg

Future plans for the coming week/weeks. 

Sending my rocker cover of to simon at fiske to weld me on COP fittings and i will also install the carbon rear mid spoiler to see what it looks like. 

Apart from that clocking out for now updates coming soon car needs to be running with in a week! 

Edited by wakeabby14
10 hours ago, wakeabby14 said:

Small update:

As you all know the weather has been shit across the UK for weeks now and when your trying to do electrical work they dont go together very well haha! 

So I've been behind my glove box and I've tidied up the horrendous wiring from who ever butchered into it previously as there was multiple splicings into the loom for voltage connections just left hanging and all sorts,  as you can tell by all the red cuts of wire in the foot well must have been almost 15-20 wires just hanging.  So i cut them all down and electrical taped the loom up to stop any wires shorting out.  I have cable tied and tidied a few wires and control units back under the dash to stop rattling and give me more room. 

So the ECU and Plug and play harness is in at the moment.  Plans for this weekend is to put in the bosche knock sensor on the block and plug it into the ecu loom,  I will also be doing the ID1050x wiring loom this weekend if all goes to plan and get that connected into the ECU.  The ID1050x injectors have also been put into the fuel rail ready cant wait to get them running as you can get a super smooth idle mapped into them that you can't do with the denso models available. 

I will also be taking off the intake manifold this weekend and attaching the New TPS sensor and will also be sorting out the LINK 4 bar MAP so should be a busy weekend. 

ZcPqM8u.jpg
Apart from that clocking out for now updates coming soon car needs to be running with in a week! 

Hey man, where did you get the plugs that connect to factory ECU wiring plugs? When I go the Link route, I'd like to do that so I can always go back to factory ECU if need be.

20 minutes ago, Timmah said:

Hey man, where did you get the plugs that connect to factory ECU wiring plugs? When I go the Link route, I'd like to do that so I can always go back to factory ECU if need be.

I can supply them as I did Josh’s harness. 

Drop me a PM or you can email me on sales@racecal.co.uk

Cheers 

Small update:

Just got my Tuning developments exhaust through the post, I had mike not put on the stock reducer on their exhaust thats go from 3" to 2.5" so i can weld on a 3" flange to the exhaust to match my down pipe, car should be running this weekend so will drive it to my local exhaust customs place to finish it off to suit.  Mapping in 27 days from now need to crack on with the final bits. Getting rather excited now! 

Exhaust looks really good quality some of the welds are insane good effort TD 

KMAqvmr.jpg

5PJLTsd.jpg

tuj5xhZ.jpg

FTiEy4o.jpg

Update:

Lol another update a few hours after the other one i just posted...

So i sent my rocker cover away to simon fisher at Fiske and got him to weld on my K20 COP fittings , got the rocker cover back off him yesterday and fitted it tonight.  

All i can say is wow the bay is really coming to life cant wait to turn her over this weekend for the first time on the link storm X ecu.  enjoy the photos more coming soon.

eZgxoAJ.jpg

A9cy32f.jpg

PdSjIfR.jpg

Nice.

Is the TD exhaust the 3 inch one that they have listed on their website, or was this something custom that they did for you?

(Apart from leaving off the reducer)

Edited by Farley V
11 hours ago, Farley V said:

Nice. Is the td exhaust the3 inch one they have listed on their website or was this something custom they did for you? (Apart from leaving off the reducer)

its the same one on the website but i had them get rid of the reducer and make the 3 inch pipe longer to suit my build! Better ordering over the phone with them if you want anything as the website does not work for ordering any more i believe. 

Very nice build, makes me want to do a build thread for mine, seems like Facbook has taken over tho sadly. I have one of the TD 3" exhausts, very nice bit of kit and not silly loud for track days. 

Edited by StanMan

14 hours ago, StanMan said:

Very nice build, makes me want to do a build thread for mine, seems like Facbook has taken over tho sadly. I have one of the TD 3" exhausts, very nice bit of kit and not silly loud for track days. 

Thanks man appreciate it, Get a build thread done mate then you can look back at your progression and i have more stuff to read when im on break haha. Yeah im looking forward to hearing how it sounds. 

So update time again :) 

Managed to get a shit ton done to the car this weekend gone,  literally a few tiny bits left and she will be running and driving! 

What i got done at the weekend...

1) Cut into the OEM injector loom and connected the new ID1050x plugs onto the loom with the link injector harness and wrapped it all up nice and tidy.
2) Fitted the Bosche Knock sensor and fed the knock loom into the passenger foot well ready to connect to the link.
3) Spliced and soldered new Intake temp sensor into existing loom connection and made longer loom to reach welded bung on intercooler piping
4) Re timed the engine upto the 4E timing marks as reccomended by rob ready for mapping and fitted new bottom timing cover.
5) Tidied up general wiring around the engine bad and cable tied everything
6) Did an oil and filter change as had the car running for around 30 mins after the first start, the oil was black for the first 1L that fell out then rest was like honey.  Load of swarf on the sump plug as expected super fine metal paste.  Few more oil changes will sort that. Will probs pull the sump after mapping and get it in a parts washer to get rid of any remaining swarf. 
7) Test fitted carbon mid spoiler looks pretty decent! 
8. Fitted new wheels may need to remove some front spacers as they poke out rather far haha. 
9) Fitted 0.7bar spring into tial wastegate 
10) Fitted WEPR Dizzy blank cap

Bits left to do...
1) Fit walbro 255 fuel pump
2) Finish TPS wiring
3) Wire AEM wideband into Link ecu plug
4) Put intake manifold back on
5) Prime fuel system check for leaks
6) Connect to link and get rob to put base map on it. 

Here are some photos! 

xtQffBs.jpg

cTftrNo.jpg

VGghh2j.jpg

mZLQD8T.jpg

xnAuCyv.jpg

R25hqAX.jpg

aMPCiZh.jpg

Edited by wakeabby14
  • wakeabby14 changed the title to Josh's forged 5E Massive spec forged build! 370BHP!!