Wet passenger foot well

• 3 months later...

I've lubed the plug in the floor with silicone grease and dried the wet floor. Went to the garage to let them check for any leaks and they didn't find any. Seems the problem was the plug in the floor or the problem fixed itself somehow. Will keep an eye out for any wet carpet in the coming months.

On 2/14/2020 at 3:40 PM, RoyalDutchie said:

I've lubed the plug in the floor with silicone grease and dried the wet floor. Went to the garage to let them check for any leaks and they didn't find any. Seems the problem was the plug in the floor or the problem fixed itself somehow. Will keep an eye out for any wet carpet in the coming months.

Sometimes I find water gets in via my door rubbers if the car is parked on a high camber road. Door rubbers aren't sealing properly at the bottom so water ends up on the plastics at the bottom of the door when shut

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:00 AM, Patches said:

Sometimes I find water gets in via my door rubbers if the car is parked on a high camber road. Door rubbers aren't sealing properly at the bottom so water ends up on the plastics at the bottom of the door when shut

Did you ever fix this? Had some water in the wheel well some time before finding the wet carpet, might spilled some water from their to the front of the car. The wet carpet actually was more towards the centre console/ shift boot. After a few days of heavy rain it is still dry so whatever I did in the past might have fixed the issue or potentially moved it to another place.

Edited by RoyalDutchie