Fuel level signal unit help!

I need some help testing ressistance on my fuel level sending unit .I have tried and I cannot get it right .

Could anyone guide me forward .? I need to values to add into my managment to display the fuel level .I have tried to test the resistance but cant see any reading .either the sender unit is dead and has to be replaced .

Can I replace it with any sending unit? What should I do .? Correct way of testing it ? I have tried every YouTube video lol.

20191119_200758.jpg

20191119_200813.jpg

The resistance between the anode(red wire) and cathode (black wire) should be more than 0. The wire to the left should have a variable output depending on the floater position.

If this is not the case their could be a rupture inside the cable. This can be tested with a multimeter on continuity mode. Do mind that a variable resistor doesn't  always give enough throughput to give a signal(Only with minimal resistance ). The best way to test it in this case is to put minimal voltage through the anode and cathode and measure the voltage between them. If it is nearly equal to the input the wires should be fine and the problem is elsewhere.