B18 turbo swap gt turbo

Hello

so ive owned the starlet for around 6 years and had quite a few different builds since owning the car starting with 

a stock ct9 at 124bhp

tongs ct9 build at 196bhp

forged motor with tongs at 198bhp

hybrid td04 at 275bhp

now since breaking so many engines or gearboxes and parts getting hard to source I thought a change was very needed and started with the Honda b18 build 

Edited by Ashleygt
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

next Was to find a mb6 Honda which came a game as I was bidding on eBay for this one at first and lost it as went for more than I wanted to pay. After around a month or two it came up for spares as it has no fuel tank and was with another civic, I tried buying just the mb6 as I had no reason to have the other, but after going back and forwards I ended up having both for half the price the mb6 sold on eBay a month before 😂

538D444F-E191-43F6-89E8-FF591DC4776A.png

A7315B37-6D75-4671-9510-062747E5C68A.jpeg

On 12/14/2019 at 10:09 PM, Calum122 said:

Looks sweet! Like a good GT.

What parts are getting rare for these motors?

Also, why did you smooth the boot? To what purpose does that solve?

Looks great that you did though

4e/5e parts are just getting harder and harder to find as most parts are discontinued, with the Honda stuff I can still get everything oem and new.

flat floor is to future proof an idea I have

• 4 months later...

This is looking superb! People dont realise how small the 4e/5e engines are till you put them side by side with a B/K/2zz! It isnt a big bay. SPace will soon start to vanish!

Conversion looks great Ash, Mounts look great, like it belongs which is the key!

Hows the driveshaft angles? Sump/Ground Clearance?

Keep us posted!

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/13/2020 at 8:10 AM, Socks said:

This is looking superb! People dont realise how small the 4e/5e engines are till you put them side by side with a B/K/2zz! It isnt a big bay. SPace will soon start to vanish!

Conversion looks great Ash, Mounts look great, like it belongs which is the key!

Hows the driveshaft angles? Sump/Ground Clearance?

Keep us posted!

Manage to mount the engine quite high, so sump sits around same as a 4e, abit of exhaust modifications to fit around gear linkage but pretty straight forward. Drive shafts are equal lengths both sides and sit flat at the current ride height. 

20 hours ago, Ashleygt said:

Manage to mount the engine quite high, so sump sits around same as a 4e, abit of exhaust modifications to fit around gear linkage but pretty straight forward. Drive shafts are equal lengths both sides and sit flat at the current ride height. 

Mega stuff. Same here with my 2zz, wanted to keep the clearance!
Strangely enough on my car the stock cables went straight on haha! Was meant to be!

Keep us in the loop dude, looks awesome!