• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks all for the welcome. 

Not to sure. Its only running low turbo pressure at the minute. I need a few parts I've been told before I can increase it. It's around the 130hp I've been told. But it goes like stink and very good fuel economy.

The engine rev range is full of torque very impressed. I'm thinking more power around 180 to 220hp. 

clean here up lots of handing mods because at present it's all over the place in the corners and get her tidy. 

C160 off the levin bzr I believe. 1st is short but the closer gears accelerate really fast and smooth.

So impressed with this little thing.

I've never known a vehicle of this erra use a close ratio box. Very modern technology. 

Edited by Sam44
15 hours ago, Sam44 said:

C160 off the levin bzr I believe. 1st is short but the closer gears accelerate really fast and smooth.

So impressed with this little thing.

I've never known a vehicle of this erra use a close ratio box. Very modern technology. 

Yes very impressive....what about high speed ratios?how many km/h with 3000 rpm and 6th gear?

It's not bad. Around 105kph now.  I am aiming to improve this with more engine torque lower down. 

It's topping out at 6krpm at around 240 kph I'm told. 

The lad ho built it used it just as a track car. The engine does have a really nice engine torque output for a 1.3ltr. He also ran it on 17inch wheels. 

Edited by Sam44
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

It's not bad. Around 105kph now.  I am aiming to improve this with more engine torque lower down. 

It's topping out at 6krpm at around 240 kph I'm told. 

The lad ho built it used it just as a track car. The engine does have a really nice engine torque output for a 1.3ltr. He also ran it on 17inch wheels. 

I don't think that you can  travel at 240 and 6000rpm

105 at 3000rpm is short....glanza and gt has longer top gear ratio....

Yeh sorry he had a 7.5k limit. Its on 6k now. I'm just at work at my station typing fast. But even so with the final drive ratio and gear ratio of the C160 and on 17inch wheels it shows off how it was setup. 

He did estimate the top speed. I think 120mph was the highest he hit on track.  I've not gone above 115kph yet I'm still checking the fueling and must admit I'm trying to answer from memory. I've not done these runs yet to see specific speeds so don't take these speeds as actual. 

I've not looked at the jdm box on the gt or starlet yet  but I have seen quarter mile times on them impressive top speeds. 

Edited by Sam44

Let me know what the the jdm 4efte gear box does in 5th at 3krpm please.

Personally I was happy at 65mph In 6th with the shape of this car and torque output of the engine. 

What is the gearbox code also if possible. 

The short bit I mentioned In my previous comment refers to to gap between gear ratio. 

The final drive ratio is speed/acceleration (distance or rpm/torque) 

Edited by Sam44

With correct wheel size 5th gear and 3000rpm I think it's around 100+.....correct me if I miss something

4efte comes with c52 on starlet gt turbo and c56 on glanza   

Also some versions off gt turbo comes with c153 gearbox....if I remember it has the longer top gear ratio(0.725/1)

I find your box c160 very good but it is weaker than turbo boxes.....

Waw that's the same ratio as my 6th but the C160 has a 4.2 race diff geared for acceleration torque and away from rpm top speed. So the top speed would be different

do you know the final drive ratio. I'm writing all this down. For when I do quarter mile runs.

the best top speed gear box is normaly the 1 to use hp dependent. 

Thanks for the info thr. It is 65mph/105kph @ 3000rpm I check last night. 

Edited by Sam44

Jesus there is a few forged engines melted pistons at high hp levels on here. 

Top speed engine killer these boxes. The shape of these cars are not for high speed. The engine coolant system is out of its depth it looks like. 

Just reading about these mls head gaskets. Shocking design some of these mls head gaskets. 

I've got some really good information on engine block coolant pressures against engine rpm. Things like coolant pump cavatation and using restriction plates rather than thermostats. 

It's all to do with engine thermal efficiency and load. I run a closed back impella 4e water pump to stop cavatation. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 3 weeks later...

I've got to say there's some fantastic builds on here and alot of well designed setups. There's more 6 speed users than I expected and I've found a gttmk1 using the c160 and hos design\setup has showed me the amount of diverse products available for these cars ( ram's horn topmounted turbo manifolds).

One of the things I'm looking to achieve is the very modern maximum proformance over efficiency. For the engine,transmission,brakes,electrical, suspension,steering and body design. 

I'd like to hear off as many of you as possible to gather as much information as possible about setups, hp and mpg. Basically anything you noticed good or bad as you've been building.

Message me the information please if possible I'll keep it confidential. 

I'm looking forward to hearing from and speaking to as many of you as possible. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...