Starlet Ep91 4efe turbo conversion.

36 minutes ago, burty said:

great find sam progress is good i take it

yeh im happy with these, i only saw them recently on another post and found a set over here in the states. ive posted them to my parents house. 

not any other real progress as danny the lad helping me is with his family now for Christmas, and im stuck with work over seas till January. 

all i can do is send money on parts (which is the easy part) 

the other mods ive got ready for the body side are:

ep91 glanza v side skirts modded to fit the 5 door body

ep91 glanza v rear boot number light surround with revers lights

ep91 glanza v boot spoiler with brake light led strip. 

ep91 glanza v rear bumper with optional lip 

modified ep91 uk cd model front bumper modded and shaped to allow better air flow threw the heat ex changers (intercooler, radiator, oil cooler). basically moved the number plate/mount to the side and fiber-glassed the removed number plate mounting section to look like it was never there. 

as soon as she is all painted and these parts are on ill post a picture. i really cant wait. 

how are you and the family. 

Edited by Sam44
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Will look lovely when it's done not many 5 doors get the love yours is getting you staying same colour? As for family think she's glad I'm pretty much as far as I can get until it's off for bodywork lol 

Edited by burty
19 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Good to hear. You can't beat fresh paint. 

Yeh I'm thinking a 2 tone colour half black half white with a red strip in-between. Like the fiat 500 abarth. 

Not 100% on it yet. 

What do you think. 

I really like this colour scheme tbh

20201107_133611.jpg

haha. yep i did this for alittle fun build, there really quite cheap to build up.

it has become a little work of ongoing art. 

i also really like these in the picture above. i was going to do black and white with hints of red on the white wheels/red striping and badges. 

you know what you have convinced me to go black and gray/silver. i do like the earlier starlet with the silver on the roof i think this will be the look of mine as a tribute to these. 

with using mostly Toyota parts (off many different models) i think i will get away with calling it the advance with stickers.  

Edited by Sam44
4 hours ago, Sam44 said:

you know what you have convinced me to go black and gray/silver. i do like the earlier starlet with the silver on the roof i think this will be the look of mine as a tribute to these. 

with using mostly toyota parts (off many different models0 i think i will get away with calling it the advance with stickers.  

_20201107_133721.JPG

2020-Toyota-Starlet-Turbos-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-55-1200x800.jpg

a great video and explanation of the c60 6speed box in action 

Armstrong Family - YouTube

Stock Differential vs Cusco LSD | C60 Autocross Comparison - YouTube

6 Speed Yaris Autocross | #11 - YouTube 

how this box transforms power/acceleration/control from 80hp to 240hp is really impressive.   

Edited by Sam44

Thanks to my loved ones for a Christmas present I've got a new set of 550cc bosh injectors for the 4efte with plug and play adaptors. From CP fuel injectors recommended by Rob sr. 

https://www.cpfuelinjection.com/collections/toyota/products/starlet-gt-galanza-v-4e-fte-toyota-bosch-ev14-fuel-injectors-import?variant=30709463089284

Hopefully helping fueling better as these 3sge 372 units were driving me nuts. Poor spray pattern/high exhaust emissions old school tech. 

Edited by Sam44
On 9/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, RoyalDutchie said:

Really need to start reading into cams. I do not know anything about them😅

Cupholders looking good may actually work better than the oem ones.👌

There off a early 2000 Nissan Almera only slight modding required to fit. 

I've updated afew pics threw the build thread Burty. The Nissan cup holders are in there. I'm back home very very soon. I'm hoping the end of the month. I'll get up lots of pics of her then I've also got 5 go pros  to do some videos. As well as she's on the Dyno.

These will take a little longer as I'm going to get into editing them for good viewing. 

If anyone can recommend some great editing software to use. 

Edited by Sam44

Well looks like I'm stuck over seas for now with this covid situation. 

I've just recently purchased 

A power enterprise Kevlar cam belt. 

I really am itching to get back and get driving it as well as fitting some of the new parts. 

16120771019451379517965.jpg

Edited by Sam44

Yeh head down and onwards.  I was looking forward to getting it dynoed and seeing the mighty torque curve it has/I'm feeling. Plus getting some speed figures recorded. This little thing puts it down and scores very very big figures, for the car it is/cost. How are you doing, and tell me what you've been up to with yours. 

Edited by Sam44
11 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Well looks like I'm stuck over seas for now with this covid situation. 

I've just recently purchased 

A power enterprise Kevlar cam belt. 

I really am itching to get back and get driving it as well as fitting some of the new parts. 

Have you got a link for the power enterprise belt being after one for ages since swapping my last one out due to being old but kept it on for a bit longer due to looking so sweet lol  😂👍🏼 . Keep the build up 

yeh ill message it you soon. 

they do look good plus should last along time. 

cheers i have had some crazy cars most are turbos, but im simply staggered by what this little thing can do.

the times its achieving already are super car level, and it does not have to be driven in anger/hard at all to hit them. the handling is also crazy. 

im really glad i came across them when i did.   

• 2 weeks later...

just wondering what are peoples opinions/views  on these 5 door ep91 wind deflectors. 

im  unsure there a little long. im trying to get the car to look short and fat, im worried these will give the car length looks wise. but might go well with the gt advance color im going. 

5 door wind defeltors.png

this is what i call ceramic beed polishing. its been around for many many years, and normally used on gearboxes, ive had my gearbox parts done mainly to do with the crack resistant case hardening the polishing gives. its also quietened the c60 box down alot.  

WPC treatment also has a special lubrication treatment as well, or so it says.  

Edited by Sam44
On 17/01/2021 at 6:48 PM, Sam44 said:

Yeh head down and onwards.  I was looking forward to getting it dynoed and seeing the mighty torque curve it has/I'm feeling. Plus getting some speed figures recorded. This little thing puts it down and scores very very big figures, for the car it is/cost. How are you doing, and tell me what you've been up to with yours. 

Sorry for late reply only just seen this! I've literally done nothing for mine other than find some oem mud flaps to replace mine literally 10mins away and some donor parts to fabricate the rear inner arches it's there at the minute they have just made a start cleaning off all underneath in prep nothing to exciting, I'm hoping to get over this week for some photos 

As for the wind deflectors I've never even seen them on a 5 door but I get your thinking regarding length

yeh im really unsure about them, im going to have the rear door handle covered and blended in to help hide the fact that it is a 5 door.. it is a sunroof model with the optional sun roof deflector so these would go with that. as well as them being super rare.

cant wait to see how yours comes out. get them pics up as soon as you can

Edited by Sam44
  • Sam44 changed the title to Starlet Ep91 4efe turbo conversion.