Glanza V Transmission Noise

Hello everyone,

As the title suggests, my tranmission started making some noise a while ago. It doesn't seem to get worse, but it sure doesn't sound like it should. It's a 1997 Glanza V, stock transmission with the factory LSD. The car has done 137000km's. It starts off with a howling sound, but goes into a shot-bearing sound. There's no difference in noise when pressing / depressing the clutch pedal at a standstill. If I push the clutch pedal in while driving, the noise goes away. The noise is also audible when putting the transmission into first gear while the car is still rolling.

If anyone has had similar/the same problem, and actually fixed it, I'd love to know. I've posted a video below, showing the noise.

https://youtu.be/2y9nPwNiuYQ

Edited by Timo204

Starlets are known to have a "noisy gearbox" and mine sounds just like yours. It might just be something you've only noticed since getting used to the car. Have your wheel bearings checked as this can make a similar noise. 

Edited by lukEp