As per title, I am going external wastegate on ct9. I have had a scan through the forum but can’t find info needed. I will keep searching but if anyone can input here then greatly appreciated! 

Firstly, is welding the internal gate shut the only way to blank it off? Can it be welded securely on the exterior where the actuator connects? Can the actuator be kept and just set really high? 

Second, when fitting EBC (I have GFB2) where do the vac lines need to go? Not searched this yet but rather get current knowledge of its there. 

Many thanks, Tom

If you leave the standard actuator on the turbo and just disconnect the air line to it. 

This will keep the wastegate port penny closed.

If you are not using the turbo compressor housing singal pipe (this is the pipe that goes to the actuator) then blank it off.

9 hours ago, BurtEP82 said:

Appreciate the input Sam. Am a little concerned that if I do that then the port could open slightly under top boost. I haven’t read anyone else doing the same. 

You do run the risk of blowing the gate open if you just remove the vac line. Technically speaking, if you setup your wastegate correctly, you run a test with the vac line removed and you spec your spring so EMAP will blow the gate open just after the max boost you run, so in the event of a failure, you dont overshoot massively.

You have two options, replace the actuator with a solid bar thus holding the gate closed, or remove the actuator and weld the penny up.