No crank signal (code 10)

Hello guys I have a 98 glanza but im having problems with the crank signal I already put in new plugs a new rotor and rotor cap measured the dizzy wiring for continuity but its still not firing so im all out of idea’s does any one know some other things I can try?

23 minutes ago, T-dog said:

Has it just happened ? Or have you done anything to it lately ? . Check that the igniter is grounded good against the bulk head 👍🏼

Bought the car as a running but needs work car (it had a td04 external gate rx8 injectors ect..) so put on a stock mani stock turbo stock cat (didn’t notice the rx8 injectors by now) hooked up the radiator and put in coolant and guess what coolant came out the exhaust. Replaced the head gasket and  it ran okay ish high idle and it smelled like gas a lot also the temp gauge wasn’t working so i replaced the temp sensor and boom high idle gone and ran a lot better still smelling a lot like gas and it ran really bad under boost so I went looking and did a diagnose. (Map sensor bad and crank signal code 10) changed the map sensor it was still running then thats when I noticed the rx8 injectors so I changed those for some stock ones and it was still running then from one day to the other it just doesn’t start any more and is still trowing code 10 no crank signal. Thats the story until now

Very strange one . Could well be a issue with the dizzy unit itself then . As if it was just running fine now it won’t and you have no spark and all wiring is good . Have you 100% checked all the grounds and the wiring plugs are good ?  

Edited by T-dog
4 hours ago, T-dog said:

Very strange one . Could well be a issue with the dizzy unit itself then . As if it was just running fine now it won’t and you have no spark and all wiring is good . Have you 100% checked all the grounds and the wiring plugs are good ?  

About where are all the grounds ? It does spark but the spark is a bit yellow ish 

thick ground wire from gearbox mount to battery negative terminal

another ground is on the back of the inlet manifold

additionally you could add a ground from the right engine mount to the chassis

Edited by maerijn
  • 3 weeks later...
On 3/2/2020 at 3:20 PM, maerijn said:

thick ground wire from gearbox mount to battery negative terminal

another ground is on the back of the inlet manifold

additionally you could add a ground from the right engine mount to the chassis

Im gonna check them all and put in another ground thanks for the help il let you guys know if it works