4 door itbs (haltech, all motor)

time for a little update🙂

car has been done for a while now but can’t get it on the road due to Covid 19. Had to tidy up a few thing but only recently I have got my hands on some triumph tt600 itbs, det3 and a AEM wideband👌 Will also be using DIY det cans to detect knock as I want to play about with timing (can post a tutorial)

Will hopefully get the car started with the itbs fitted this weekend if all goes to plan, will definitely be throwing up some videos and pictures when the time comes

will leave all my old pictures up for all to see👍

EB9AA249-B306-4220-9657-47A876801F86.jpeg

2A33BEB1-0EC9-4708-A4B2-96DAF44DEF23.jpeg

6A8F30CF-A65B-434F-86F7-D21772C1EAD1.jpeg

D7EC6904-ECF1-486A-99FA-58A9792D9AA4.jpeg

A038E19E-D62B-4C05-AE14-6E9931354D55.jpeg

3BF1F297-0707-4308-883F-F68DFF12DE85.jpeg

Edited by Thonfella259

Well sam👋,now the paint is faded from sitting outside for 4 years so I’ve bought a buffer and I’ll try and restore it as much as possible and then hopefully get a respray in the future👍

Edited by Thonfella259
  • 2 weeks later...

Think they're 45mm I/D mate according to danstengineering. https://danstengineering.co.uk/Velocity-Stack-Kit-for-Triumph-TT600-Throttle-Bodies-All-Lengths

Also I believe they taper to a smaller diameter at the head side. (37mm according to a mazda miata website post).

55mm is too big for a 1.3 litre revving to 6k rpm. FYI my previous car had 46mm itb's, 2.3 litre revving to 7k rpm.

3 hours ago, Thonfella259 said:

55mm Sam, will have to get a video from under the bonnet because theydo  sound class👌, have some velocity stack coming aswell🤤

Big itb setup. 

Keep up the good work. 

What management have you gone for?. 

Keep me posted on the results please if possible. 

2 minutes ago, Claymore said:

Think they're 45mm I/D mate according to danstengineering. https://danstengineering.co.uk/Velocity-Stack-Kit-for-Triumph-TT600-Throttle-Bodies-All-Lengths

Also I believe they taper to a smaller diameter at the head side. (37mm according to a mazda miata website post).

55mm is too big for a 1.3 litre revving to 6k rpm. FYI my previous car had 46mm itb's, 2.3 litre revving to 7k rpm.

Thanks for this information, yeh about a 37/38mm for the reasons you have mentioned. So the 37mm internal diameter is bang on. 

My 1.6ltr cvh MK1 fiesta had pinto 2ltr side draft 45mm delortos on it and these were a mistmatch. 

55mm is the outside diameter on the intake side🙈, as for management I’m just using a det3 on piggyback mode with aem wideband, only real adjustments I had to make is try to make it idle and it was running slightly rich up top and lean down low in the revs which I have corrected but other than that shes sweet👌

• 1 month later...

Some really enjoyable builds taken place. 

Great idea on the stacks. I think 1 saw some 1 Cut the standard manifold just after the 90deg upturn angle faceing the itb upwards giving more Room for stacks and itg filters. 

Keep them updates coming. 

If you fancy a 4efte inlet cam I've got lots here. 

Edited by Sam44
5 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Some really enjoyable builds taken place. 

Great idea on the stacks. I think 1 saw some 1 Cut the standard manifold just after the 90deg upturn angle faceting the itb upwards giving more Room for stacks and itg filters. 

Come them updates coming. 

If you fancy a 4efte inlet cam I've got lots here. 

Cheers Sam, is it true that they have slightly more lift than the 4efe???

Yeh I'll put a picture up.

look on Toyota GT turbo site I've explained the 4efte and 4efe Dyno graphs.

it's obvious on that, but to confirm I'll get my micrometers on both sets I've got in Fleetwood and post it. I've measured alot of the cams the 5ehfe, 5ehfe acis intake, 4efe ep91 4efte so far have different cams with the exception of the 5ehfe acis having a different exhaust cam as well. I have yet to measure the gen1 corolla 4efe and the gen1 ep80 gi which I have in the engines at home ready to come out. 

The 4efte inlet cam adds around 1500 more peak torque in the rpm range on the 4efe drops out very fast around 4500rpm zero valve overlap. It's very noticeable hunting the 70 to 120mph speeds alot better. 

Edited by Sam44
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

Yeh I'll put a picture up.

look on Toyota GT turbo site I've explained the 4efte and 4efe Dyno graphs.

it's obvious on that, but to confirm I'll get my micrometers on both sets I've got in Fleetwood and post it. I've measured alot of the cams the 5ehfe, 5ehfe acis intake, 4efe ep91 4efte so far have different cams with the exception of the 5ehfe acis having a different exhaust cam as well. I have yet to measure the gen1 corolla 4efe and the gen1 ep80 gi which I have in the engines at home ready to come out. 

The 4efte inlet cam adds around 1500 more peak torque in the rpm range on the 4efe drops out very fast around 4500rpm zero valve overlap. It's very noticeable hunting the 70 to 120mph speeds alot better. 

Very interesting Sam, always thought 4efe and 4efte cams were the same, shoot me a message there and we can get something sorted👌

Yeh, this was explained to me by the original owner of the car. Ho gave me a full tuning guild with specs and information he obtained since 2008.  I'll message you now + post some pictures of the difference on the micrometer. As I explained on GT turbo site in the graph you can see it's obvious. Not sure were other tunners had there heads/eyes. 

I can't find 1x post of a 4efe knowingly using the intake cam and it's a perfect match for the late corrola inlet

Edited by Sam44
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • Thonfella259 changed the title to 4 door itbs (all motor build)
  • 6 months later...
  • Thonfella259 changed the title to 4 door itbs (haltech, all motor)