JxckGlanza White EP91 Thread

Little bit done on the glanza tonight. I took the emanage out and got a wiring diagram up. I managed to link out the cut wires and the car started right up. 

currently in two minds of leaving it linked out like it is or taking the harness out. more then likely I’ll tape up the links and leave it like that. 

0A178F6F-93FB-4949-A3F6-938977F10F16.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Update - 

So the ME221, been far from a PNP to be honest. I got it installed and got sync issues. So i carried the dizzy mod out so now its 12-1. However still got sync issues. So i layed new shielded cable and the me221 went wild. It started syncing and unsyncing when i wasnt even cranking it. Really dont know what happened. Anyway i removed the battery terminal and reset the car it had fixed it. I got sync and spark, on all 4 cylinders. I haven't now had any sync issues. Although throughout the process i needed new plug, as i thought that was the issue but it was just syncing and not. Its been a long week of getting though serveral stages. However everything seemed good to go. 

She fired up finally but i believe the map is bad. When its been revved it sounds ok ish, however the car will not idle. When i hold the throttle around 1200 it sounds like a misfire. But its currently running. Been a wild game of what i thought would be easy. 

I will try upload a video of how it is now 

Also got a 3 gauge pillar pod off a seller on here ready for some gauges :) 

• 5 weeks later...

So i have fitted some new injectors to the Glanza over lock down, i got them from CP fuel injection. I went for Bosch EV14 630cc, i repined the new plugs into the factory harness, shes starting to pull together now, few sensors and be ready for mapping :) 

20200528_132756118_iOS.jpg

20200528_141047062_iOS.jpg

Edited by JxckGlanza

So as i have ME221 i thought i would take advantage of doing the COP conversion. I know i'm not going to partially need it right now but i feel now is a good time especially for future proofing along with removing all the potential issues what can happen with the ht leads dizzy etc. it will defiantly promote reliability and after all with be a stronger spark. Not to mention how much better it looks on the engine bay.

Its will also be cheaper to do this then a ignition overhaul as i have most of the materials from work (industrial electrician). Up to now its cost me £40 for 4 k20 coils £13 for k20 connectors, ive made the harness myself and a friend will weld the rocker cover. So im on with that this week.

Bit of a mock up for the harness to be finished this week :) 

20200601_151238890_iOS.jpg

10 hours ago, 5T4R7ET N/A said:

How did you wire in the k20 coils? A little explanation would be nice. Im got k20 coils and me221 as well. 

Yeah bud so I made my own harness. You want a 4<1 splice for your switches 12v and 4<1 for the ground. I then did a 2<1 splice for cycl 1&4 and 2&3 (wasted spark). The two signal cables went out on pin 22 and 18. The 12v was used from pin 1 on coil pack and grounded to the engine. 

11 hours ago, jellybaby said:

Can ya let us know how that tps works feller as I looking to get me for build i be doing soon as he wants auto tps etc. 

I seen the kit just don’t no it it reliable 

As of now, it’s been easy to install and set up no issues at all. I believe it’s actually a BMW tps but I’m not 100% I could be totally wrong. So don’t quote me but yeah so far so good. 

I spoke to my mapper and he said they have worked fine for fair few for him. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...