Wax stat location and idle control valve removal

Looking to remove the wax stat but I’m not sure where it is can anyone point me in the right direction? Idle control valve many moons ago had the little copper film broken when I pulled it apart to clean it so I’m looking at removing that and controlling the idle via the screw on the inlet manifold. Do I need to bridge anything to remove the idle control valve or just blank it off?

Great idea this. 

This also can improve aCeleration and throttle response if setup right. 

I removed the wax stat and adjusted the throttle stop screw so the idle was at 800rpm (this is with the idle screw closed) I then adjusted the idle screw to 1krpm. 

i run the tps so as to remove the idle state switch and bring in the wot switch sooner. But this is due to my injector size and fuel pressure setting. Saying this removing the idle state switch helps throttle response regardless of fuel setup. 

see the picture attached for the wax stat, its on your throttle body. Its held together with 4 Phillips, i think the lads just block it up with chemical metal and leave lines attached just a dead line then. Coolant lines are there for the wax stat to operate but as you will have blocked it it doesn't matter.

thorttle body.jpeg