tuning developments exhaust.

• 1 month later...

I bought one of these a while back with a resonator from TD.  It sounds great and is built really well. I've had a few compliments about the sound :D

The only problem I had with it is that the rear curve section ended up actually touching the axel slightly (not good when it was vibrating!) I couldnt get it to sit proud and not rub so ended up putting some heatproof silicone on to absorb the vibration and protect the metal which wasn't ideal but more to do with my fitment than the design I'm sure.

Guessing by the date of your post its arrived for you now?

Im not sure whether it could be simple as using some different rubber hangers but interested to know if you had the same issue and what you did if so?

On 5/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jwood91 said:

I bought one of these a while back with a resonator from TD.  It sounds great and is built really well. I've had a few compliments about the sound :D

The only problem I had with it is that the rear curve section ended up actually touching the axel slightly (not good when it was vibrating!) I couldnt get it to sit proud and not rub so ended up putting some heatproof silicone on to absorb the vibration and protect the metal which wasn't ideal but more to do with my fitment than the design I'm sure.

Im not sure whether it could be simple as using some different rubber hangers but interested to know if you had the same issue and what you did if so?

Yeah I had exactly the same issue and I tried everything to rectify it. In the end I took the exhaust off and heated it up where it was touching then brayed it with a hammer to flatten it so it didn't touch. Fits a treat now plus you cant see where I've had to hit it 

On 5/25/2020 at 4:53 PM, Jwood91 said:

15 hours ago, Charlie Thompson said:

Yeah I had exactly the same issue and I tried everything to rectify it. In the end I took the exhaust off and heated it up where it was touching then brayed it with a hammer to flatten it so it didn't touch. Fits a treat now plus you cant see where I've had to hit it 

Spoke to Mike this morning he's curious why you guys didn't contact him regarding the hitting the beam they are fitting one this weekend so will have a look when fitting it. 

Cheers nick 

1 hour ago, akyakapotter said:

Spoke to Mike this morning he's curious why you guys didn't contact him regarding the hitting the beam they are fitting one this weekend so will have a look when fitting it. 

Cheers nick 

I was happy with the exhaust that's why I've never said anything, I expected to have to make slight modifications to get it to fit properly with it been a 3" exhaust. Im simply just replying as to how I rectified mine. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2020 at 9:43 PM, Charlie Thompson said:

Ahh Thanks for replying dude! i need to check back more often

I may do the same to mine as it sounds like a bit more of a long term soloution. Glad to hear it wasn't just me at least haha.

nice to hear you're enjoying it!

On 5/28/2020 at 12:53 PM, akyakapotter said:

Cheers nick 

Same as with me I was happy with the exhaust and when I've spoken to Mike briefly he's been more than helpful :). I put it down to my fitment..

would love to know how he got on though