Looking to do some power mods to an na ep91

List of parts

4efte inlet cam.

Corolla inlet manifold 

68 deg thermostate 

Engine earthing kit 

Platinum tipped spark plugs

Fse adjustable fuel regulator, gauge and fuel rail adaptor.

2inch exhaust system cat back with high flow cat. 

Message me and I'll talk you threw how to set it up. 

There is a also a good 4-2-1 exhaust manifold on the early 4efe ae101\e100 corolla if you can find 1. 

Edited by Sam44
34 minutes ago, SKINY said:

Corrola manifold and throttle body, cone filter and straight through 2 inch into a small backbox took my old rep to 86.6hp standard they are 74 :)

is there any difference between the corolla tb and the stock one

1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

List of parts

4efte inlet cam.

Corolla inlet manifold 

68 deg thermostate 

Engine earthing kit 

Platinum tipped spark plugs

Fse adjustable fuel regulator, gauge and fuel rail adaptor.

2inch exhaust system cat back with high flow cat. 

Message me and I'll talk you threw how to set it up. 

There is a also a good 4-2-1 exhaust manifold on the early 4efe ae101\e100 corolla if you can find 1. 

it’s not letting me pm you mate

For pms you need a certain number of posts also.

Just remember any advice you get off here should be backed up with some sort of evidence otherwise it's just an opinion.

What SKINY says is spot on really, spending the bare minimum and proven path which many people have taken and have dyno results before and after. 

Don't bother with the other shite you've been suggested as it's mostly a complete waste of cash. Especially the fuel mods, utterly pointless.

If you want to spend money and see actual results then you can always turbo your n/a. Done quite a few times, can't run too much boost of course but definitely will get the most gains

30 quid I payed for the Corolla manifold and throttle body  :) improved the mid top top end rev and pulled rather well for all the 86.6 hp it had 😎

I was starting to gather the bits to turbo it but ended up selling it and buying a GT 

• 2 months later...

Hi, so I have the Corolla manifold and was after some advice.

Is it a straight forward swap over? It looks like you need larger nuts where the throttle cable attaches to the manifold and that’s all I can see.

I take it I would have to replace the gaskets? 
I don’t have the Corolla throttle body, I would be using the original one on the car.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks 

Hi,

Most people use a large washers on both sides of the throttle cable bracket to clamp the cable to it (m 8 x 30mm washers, I got mine from Wilko for about £2)

If your going to spend a few hours changing the manifold it makes sense to use new gaskets on both ends, better than having to do it all over again if they don't seal or finding out they're knackered and you can't put it back together if its your daily!

You will also need a longer vac hose to the MAP sensor on the firewall and a longer brake booster hose (make sure you get the correct type of hose).

On the corolla the manifold has 2 x metal braces, one to the head and one to the block. If you didn't get these I would consider making at least one to go to the head to prevent the manifold fracturing over time. Many people run without them but Toyota added them for a reason.

Edited by Claymore