Reducing cam signal noise

I have recently been fitting a standalone and on tunerstudio under the logging it shows alot of cam signal noise but the crank signal is fine. Is there a way to remedy this noise without having to shave down any teeth?

Ep82 4efte using 24+1 oem distributor. 

Replace the wring from the distributor? I was making a jumper harness to run from the oem harness to the microsquirt. Replacing the wires would sort of defeat the purpose of the jumper harness. Would the only other way be to convert it to a 12-1 by grinding teeth off?

If I'm not mistaken the factory harness already has it shielded? 

Replace the wring from the distributor? I was making a jumper harness to run from the oem harness to the microsquirt. Replacing the wires would sort of defeat the purpose of the jumper harness. Would the only other way be to convert it to a 12-1 by grinding teeth off?

*Edit*

Replaced with shielded cables from distributor in the bay straight to the ECU and still have the noise issue. Will shave 2 teeth off the distributor and see if that remedies my problem. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/7/2020 at 10:27 AM, mycars12 said:

*Edit*

Replaced with shielded cables from distributor in the bay straight to the ECU and still have the noise issue. Will shave 2 teeth off the distributor and see if that remedies my problem. 

I also had this problem. I had to shave 2 teeth , remove cam signal and a shielded cable :( ok now this even with COP 

With the tunerstudio filters applied my car is running fine now on the microsquirt ecu. No errors for now. Just used to stock distributor wires from the harness. The filter was enough to reduce the signal noise and not cause any misfires at all. 

Issue is fixed

7 hours ago, mycars12 said:

With the tunerstudio filters applied my car is running fine now on the microsquirt ecu. No errors for now. Just used to stock distributor wires from the harness. The filter was enough to reduce the signal noise and not cause any misfires at all. 

Issue is fixed

Previously was it misfiring? And when?

lol it was not that bad. It would just cut out and the rpms would go down. Wasnt that bad of a misfire. Granted I am using the dizzy to get the cam and crank signal. 

Did you check your first tooth and verify that you locked the timing to 10 degrees and checked it with a timing light?

Edited by mycars12

Was trying to give you my whatsapp so i could help you out. Might have to modify the map a bit. The hardest part is usually getting the base timing right then the proper settings and firing order. 

Check that your timing is spot on at 10 degrees according to what its showing in the system. 

After that check your firing order to see what it is. Most are 1342. Also they had a notorious problem of not listing the displacement properly under their maps

4efte is 1331cc and 5e should be 1497cc

Also try and check the tooth logger to see if you are getting any noise or any errors.

Since you are cop you will be using batch fire instead of seq I believe. 

Any specific questions you have about your setup?

On 6/24/2020 at 7:52 PM, mycars12 said:

Was trying to give you my whatsapp so i could help you out. Might have to modify the map a bit. The hardest part is usually getting the base timing right then the proper settings and firing order. 

Check that your timing is spot on at 10 degrees according to what its showing in the system. 

After that check your firing order to see what it is. Most are 1342. Also they had a notorious problem of not listing the displacement properly under their maps

4efte is 1331cc and 5e should be 1497cc

Also try and check the tooth logger to see if you are getting any noise or any errors.

Since you are cop you will be using batch fire instead of seq I believe. 

Any specific questions you have about your setup?

Yeah done the usual checks like. Think it’s just there base map, couple lads had same sorta problem.