Had a little re-shuffle with the cars at work, I’ve now got the space I need to work properly. I can also move the SR out of the way when I need access to the ramps. Wish I could keep both cars really. 

2838E277-5ACD-4150-91EF-144930740808.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So i tried to start the car and it was turning over but not firing. After too many beers writing me off the following day and a little bit of hungover research I stumbled across a thread that said the ignition module needs to be bolted to the firewall in order to provide an Earth.

Mine was hanging down as it was one of the parts I’d needed to buy, I’d just plugged it in and left it hanging in the engine bay. So skeptically I bolted it to its bracket on the firewall and it started right up on the button! Chuffed to bits, no nasty noises and no leaks.

And yes the car was up to temp before I revved it at all.

next on the list is a deep clean of the interior next week and fitting the original seats. In the mean time I’m on the hunt for a ct9 power up kit and a race spec rocker set up. Still on the hunt for an intercooler kit too. 

Yeah they’re brilliant seats, I’m not the smallest of people and they’re fine.

next on the list is the braking system. Rear calipers need a rebuild and I’m currently deciding whether to fit the wilwoods or sell them, what are everyones thoughts? 

today I’ve ordered a rad mounting kit, SPL can fixings and fan switch. Once she’s driving and stopping I might just put the body panels on and fire her in for an MOT to see what they pick up.

The car came with brand new mintex pads and discs all boxed up so I think I’ll just stick with the original set up. The wilwoods will be put to much better use on a high powered one.

I’m honestly not going crazy on the power, I feel it’s a bit pointless as these things are lively even at around 170 anyway 🤣

• 1 month later...

Well, I guess time just flies by really without me even realising. Can’t believe I haven’t updated In two months but I was away from the car for nearly 5 weeks of that.

ive been ordering lots of parts And I’m still waiting for some to arrive. Some of these parts are key to me moving on to other areas of the car so I can’t really move forward until they arrive (I don’t want to start loads of different things and forget where I’ve gotten to). 

so the updates.. may be a little underwhelming but I’ve been going through the engine bay trying to undo years of bodges

Boost leak #1. Thought I’d cheer myself up and fit my Sard Bov. Found that the hose holding the fake HKS one on actually had a smaller bit inside and pretty much came off in my hand. 

Boost leak #2. The ‘vac’ hose already fitted was more like washer jet tubing 🤣 so I replaced it with the proper stuff. This hose also pretty much just came off in my hand.

Im nearly finished refurbishing the battery mount, it wasn’t rotten but did have surface rust so it got cleaned up, etch primed and painted. I’m STILL waiting for my batter tray which has been over 3 weeks since I ordered it. Once that arrives I can get the battery living in the car permanently. 

42EE83D5-F38D-4105-8D24-419022DC1970.jpeg

5EFBBF6D-9F18-4E44-90EB-066FC175DBEA.jpeg

757AF7AE-771F-4658-A7F9-5FB4480C0252.jpeg

E1750FA6-4FC3-4576-9454-76B23A292751.jpeg