• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There are a lot of petrol heads at my place. The Capri is a bit special, it’s running a v6 and is almost back in the road. Another friend is working through his mk1 caddy. No one ever knows what the GT is ha ha. 

Ive has the fabia 5 years and it is spot on, does everything really. It’s booked in for a map at Darkside in December.

Wanted a van since long before their recent spike in popularity, now that I’ve got one I love it, whack four bikes in the back and that’s us out somewhere nice on the bikes all day, makes camping a lot easier too. 

I've just been looking at prices of the t6 haha. They are the new range rover.

I see a mk2 vw Scirocco in there also. I'm guessing the GT

the gt2 was the abf engine 2ltr 16v hard car to beat so low center of gravity. If I remember right there were the gtx which was the first to come with the full body kit. The GT 1.8 single cam kjet injection and the S 1.6 8v carb model. Designed originally by Audi for Porsche. 

The fabia is another hard car to beat the little thing pulls like a train. 

Edited by Sam44

nice really nice my next van looks like being a caddy maxi with rear seat conversion next year now i have a little one so have the best of both worlds

Edited by burty

Yeah the van wasn’t cheap but they hid their money a lot better than the Mercedes we got rid of and are loads more practical. Yeah the Scirocco was lovely, he’s sold it now to put money into the mk1 caddy as it just sat there and never got used. M

The fabia is a cracking little car. Punchy, economical and practical. I do loads of miles in the week and it just eats up the miles. 

I’ll try and get more updates on the starlet soon but progress is slow as I only have my lunch breaks or time after work but am also topping my HND up to degree level so everything’s a bit hectic at the moment 

Morning guys.

Needs must with starting a family burty, another nice little van. 

Between you 2 I think I've seen most of the cars Id like to own, I keep looking at the Celica and I will get 1 in the next couple of years I recon. I'll most likely put a clutched SPRINTEX charger on it. 

Pikey, take your time with the gt. They are getting rare now. 

Edited by Sam44
2 hours ago, Sam44 said:

Morning guys.

Needs must with starting a family burty, another nice little van. 

Between you 2 I think I've seen most of the cars Id like to own, I keep looking at the Celica and I will get 1 in the next couple of years I recon. I'll most likely put a clutched SPRINTEX charger on it. 

Pikey, take your time with the gt. They are getting rare now. 

Thanks mate Mines for sale soon lol 63k fully undersealed properly don't burn any oil mines the 140 not the 190(I've had both engines) as jase said they really need the extra grunt but the handling is far superior to my starlet but strangly I like the starlet more mate, looking forward to this gt if you didn't read the thread on his old SR I suggest you do it's a really well put together build 

Starlets are hilarious because they are pretty much go-karts. That old SR of mine was great fun, i never really put the radio on in it because it was so much fun to drive.

So.. some sort of progress. I bought rad mounting brackets from ID-W, they are excellent quality however, they don't come with rubber grommets. After some fun with my digital calipers I measured up and ordered some which arrived today and are spot on. They were only £1.30 too.

Mount.jpg

Edited by Pikey009

Once the rad is mounted i'll then actually secure the fan to the rad (its just flapping around at the moment). I got hold of an SPL mounting kit from Demon Tweaks (part numbers pictured). Once the fan is secured i'll then be replacing the fan switch (fan is on constantly which seems a common fault when fitting the new set up).

Kit.jpg

Still waiting for the battery tray, weather strip and door stays. Also got a battery clamp on order too.

Had some nice bits turn up this week so i'll get some pics when i'm home tomorrow as i work away in the week.

Also got some DEI metal protector in black, just helps prevent surface corrosion for the new turbo kit. Had good results with this on my gt4.

The cool tape will be used on some of the FMIC pipework

5131EC03-5ABC-40F7-9080-CFFA2B5A6FDB.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009

Which brings me on to a total punt I’ve made on a turbo kit. I knew the ct9 was already goosed but that’s fine. Not sure of the brand- looks like a custom job to me but it’s pretty good quality to be honest and no repairs or cracks from what I can see.

Never seen a downpipe design like this for a starlet before. It’s a miracle it made it here in one piece as it was wrapped in 3 old car mats and some parcel tape! Why the seller didn’t put it in a box I’ll never know but no harm done I guess.

40012145-727F-4915-885B-EF2A25F35269.jpeg

1136B270-D767-400E-8536-B2ED2A3DE053.jpeg

3F24FE23-C2C0-4BD9-A7E8-17A5A136D9E5.jpeg

0BC9A751-C8EF-471F-983E-40B031B99FF3.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009

I have the same radiator bracket kit and came with no rubbers(2nd hand but new)either, I used the rubber spacers with the steel sleeve from the factory intercooler mounts with no sleeve, absolutely perfect fit :)

21 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Which brings me on to a total punt I’ve made on a turbo kit. I knew the ct9 was already goosed but that’s fine. Not sure of the brand- looks like a custom job to me but it’s pretty good quality to be honest and no repairs or cracks from what I can see.

Never seen a downpipe design like this for a starlet before. It’s a miracle it made it here in one piece as it was wrapped in 3 old car mats and some parcel tape! Why the seller didn’t put it in a box I’ll never know but no harm done I guess.

40012145-727F-4915-885B-EF2A25F35269.jpeg

Saw this for sale a couple of weeks back (absolute bargain) didn't last more than a couple of hours. Can't work out why the previous owner welded the bolt heads to the turbo housing though? Using as studs or to stop them undoing? Laces out?:wacko:

Looks custom like you said, the downpipe looks a bit more special than the chinese junk too. Good find :thumbsup:

🤣 me neither but I’ll just cut them off. I need to re-finish the mating surfaces as there’s old gasket and corrosion. 

me and a friend were trying to work out the purpose of the downpipe design, maybe to help prevent boost creep 🤔 

Anyway, even with all the quirkiness it looks well put together and I’m looking forward to getting it on. 

So the fan is still on permanently. Due to this, I decided to Take the rad back off (hadn’t filled the coolant system up anyway) strip, clean and paint where the lower rad bracket mounts to and underneath the battery mount.

360619C7-CF0E-4BC8-8EE5-25E7E0803D21.jpeg

13FD08FC-F540-4F23-AC70-3056903CE3E8.jpeg