So I decided to sell the fmic set up that came with the car as I felt it was a bit overkill for a ct9 and I didn’t want to butcher the front bumper to make it fit. It also had blue hoses and the pipework routed over the exhaust manifold.

I toyed with modifying the pipe work, finding a smaller core and getting black hoses but it just didn’t seem worth the hassle so I took the plunge on this kit which was recommended by a friend

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

26 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

It arrived in less than a week and had no import tax (can be luck of the draw i think). It was well packaged and i've got to say i'm impressed with the quality. 

f.jpg

Looks good mate, short route hot pipe setup aswell. 😎

Good luck with the import duty, when I bought a manifold from china through ebay it arrived express delivery (5 days I think) the customs paper work and charges turned up 2 weeks later.... Hope you get lucky.

47 minutes ago, Pikey009 said:

It arrived in less than a week and had no import tax (can be luck of the draw i think). It was well packaged and i've got to say i'm impressed with the quality. 

Looking good I have the same kit minus the intercooler, replaced that with a Mishimoto one. The first time I  test fitted it I had a bit of a hassle with installing the piping from the intercooler to the throttle body. Do mind I didn't actually secure my intercooler at the time of test fitting which I can do now since I have sorted some mounting brackets.

Interested in how you get it fitted on the car and your experience with the kit.

Edited by RoyalDutchie
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Also finished off the bracket. Pretty happy with it and it’s positioned the bottle nicely. There’s a little flex so I might look at additional bracing in the future but for now it’s nicely mounted 

47F8A3DA-6C29-4607-9790-B9990A6C88C8.jpeg

62D97160-BF09-48B9-886F-50B5EA3F0155.jpeg

7CE38082-98D0-4230-A8DE-2C2EE2F51EBD.jpeg

Well the day finally came, never driven it in my ownership and had it since may last year. 

the cardboard was just incase it sprung any leaks so I could identify them easier. There’s a tiny seepage from the sump which Connor did warn me about so I’ll re seal the sump 

35A21515-C9F3-44E8-9575-3C4D3BAE0CD1.jpeg

A1B7210C-DC2D-45EA-8EDA-F209675A82F6.jpeg

F367E201-96AD-45E1-A4EE-DDE189104CE7.jpeg

Gave it a couple of little loops in the workshop first then checked everything over. Then took it outside, I’m based on an old airfield so there’s plenty of space. 

Was laughing and smiling the whole time, it sounds lovely and boosts really nicely. The wastegate is set at 124 so after reading other threads and trusting the boost gauge I’m at about 0.7 bar. Not sure what that relates to in bhp but it was hilarious. 

Edited by Pikey009

The induction set up is temporary, I’ll trim it all up once the intercooler is fitted so I know how much space I’m playing with. But basically she ran absolutely faultlessly and I couldn’t be happier. Bring on the mods! 

Thanks, there are a few rattley interior bits that need sorting but mechanically she sounds great. As I know the car from before it was wrapped I know there’s nothing Horrible lurking underneath. Connor actually put the wrap on to protect the paint because it’s got some lacquer peel, smart move really but I wish it was black ha ha 

Edited by Pikey009

I got the car on the ramps at work for the first time yesterday just to have a good old look around and found what seems to me, a shit ton of lateral movement in the passenger drive shaft. Anyone come across this issue before?

Edited by Pikey009

Also begun to strip parts off ready to give the engine bay a proper clean and to fit new bits.

The turbo system is all loose and ready to remove but I’ll wait until my new set up is ready to go on.

The rocker cover has been removed and packaged up ready to send to RW-D tomorrow for a custom set up. (Even just removing the top mount makes the bay look much cleaner)

32C38727-699E-45DD-B177-EA8E5BE5062E.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009