• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got the wheel on with a MOMO boss kit, no problems with fitting and the horn works.

I think the wheel looks very period and the MOMO horn button does go nicely so thanks for the help with deciding.

wee.jpg

On 3/2/2021 at 1:06 PM, Pikey009 said:

Thanks mate. It's DEi Hi-temp silicone coating.

No worries with that, I had it on my GT-FOUR for years and it never flaked.

spray.jpg

Thanks a lot mate. I'll give that a try. 

Also, where did you get those rad hoses from?

I'm starting to  realise why I stopped spending as much time on here. Reading through awesome threads like this make me constantly spend money on my own GT😁

Edited by Djaniero
4 hours ago, Pikey009 said:

Ha you're telling me, i've already blown my budget. The hoses are 'TT Racing'. I'm pretty sure I got them from ebay but i'll look for the receipt later and let you know.

😆. The temptation is too real, to blow budgets being a part of this forum lol.

Its all good fun though, which is the main thing.

Awesome. Thanks

Began to freshen up a few brackets today. I was going to get everything powder coated but the finish I’ve been getting with the dremel a d hammerite have been great so that’s what I’ve gone for.

I’ve also begun to replace the nuts, bolts and washers in the engine bay. Let’s just say I started off pretty enthusiastically but the novelty has now worn off. But it should all be worth it once the other shiny bits get bolted on.

837BF8FC-FF50-4318-8248-BB36130DC883.jpeg

27186EC6-9F60-4CDC-915D-83242FD5F221.jpeg

5B960DF2-BE43-4E85-BB9B-415743CE0EEF.jpeg

Cheers for the comments, she’s getting there. I’m just really busy at work as usual so most of the time spent on the car is during lunch as I’m still doing degree work In The evenings (god knows why I decided to do one at my stage of life). 

Thanks, the manifold took some time and patience but really happy with it. 

With the exhaust paint just make sure you heat cycle it properly so the first time is just letting the car tick over for the paint to bake then let it completely cool down. After that it will be able to take proper heat through it.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally fitted the manifold with new brass nuts nuts and spring washers. I got the turbo back on too. Next, I’ll clean the front pipe mating face and re-fit the downpipe. Hopefully the rocker set up will arrive soon so I can get her started back up

75087923-758B-4EF1-80DA-54A0126FA340.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pikey009 said:

My rocker arrived today from RW-D. I’ve got to say, the quality is spot on. Not cheap but you definitely get what you pay for. 

A6CC39EC-84C5-4181-A485-1CCB807CB7D8.jpeg

8945D755-6DBF-42AE-BC46-BBAFC567B9D5.jpeg

C04D86AF-E872-4D75-B704-50F57130B9A6.jpeg

wow wow wow wow wow... thats all i can say.... if only i lived in the uk .... sigh