• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I’ll be using all 4 mounts:

2 underneath will bolt near the lower rad bracket and the upper 2 will bolt to the bumper mounting bar anchor points. 

the brackets they give you are pretty much useless which I was fully expecting. I’ll post pictures of the brackets once I’ve made them.

AF629D09-4EBC-4B23-92A9-62145C5D6CA3.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

I’ll re-rout the vac line to tidy the bay up a bit more and then hopefully fit the rocker next week. This is how the bay sits at the moment, catch can fitted along with the powder coated strut brace and new top mount nuts. 

C4931271-B816-4D87-BC83-441A14A9B17E.jpeg

It’s a v v tight fit for the silicone pipe on the IC pipe work (I had to soak it in hot water to get it on and put it on with a mate). Perfect fit for the bov side and that still has the lip on it 

On 4/23/2021 at 8:45 PM, Pikey009 said:

I have no idea what you just said lol 

Lmfao 

The intercooler pipe where you cut it to make the dump valve fit, you have took the lip off that seals it. Have you roughed it up a bit so the pipe has enough grip :)

17 hours ago, SKINY said:

Lmfao 

The intercooler pipe where you cut it to make the dump valve fit, you have took the lip off that seals it. Have you roughed it up a bit so the pipe has enough grip :)

🤣 yeah it’s properly on there with a decent clamp too. But there’s only one way to find out I guess! As the metal is quite thick I’d be able to machine another small ridge anyway if I need to 

Edited by Pikey009
12 hours ago, Sam44 said:

the old school bov valves do look the bollocks. 

im running the old school hks unit. built to last. 

Yeah I was really lucky to find the Sard to be honest, was exactly what I was after. 

the stock gt4 bov’s disconnected to atmosphere sound great if you’ve ever heard one 

no ive not, i had a st185 gt4 as well. 

i really like the chunky, cast look of these older bov valves. they look industrial strength power. matches the car period. 

the bailys type bucket valve i got on mine was prone to sticking open. very poor design. 

im really enjoying the build. thanks for sharing the progress.  

Edited by Sam44

Ah thanks mate i really appreciate that. Huge soft spot for Toyotas and have had many different ones over the years. 

yeah I’ve got a Bailey one sat here that I’ll fire up for sale soon- The sound and look aren’t for me.

Thanks for the kind comments, I’m chuffed with how it’s coming together. 

with the FMIC the position of the core seems to have a decent affect on how the pipe work it routed. I’ve got it pretty much in the sweet spot suspended with cable ties. In the coming weeks I’ll get the mounts put on then secure the pipe work. After that it should be little touches and a bit of test driving on the airfield before the MOT.