• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

So after a months leave I started back on her this week. First job was to drill out the sheered crash bar bolts that appeared to be formed from Thor’s hammer. Literally destroyed every drill bit I own along with two drill batteries.

I decided to refurb the bar while I was at it.

E60B5766-2CDC-41F7-A2CA-D02036AE8850.jpeg

C5CC4118-0A66-4465-BE97-43CD244F9B0A.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009

Next was a job I’ve been putting off but now she holds all fluids, it was time to start cleaning the underside. Due to the oil leak in the past, things were a bit messy under one side. So far I’ve spent 3 hours under there, de-greasing and wire brushing. There’s still lot to do but everything is nice and solid so I’m removing all surface corrosion and then re-sealing. 

I was going to save the wishbones but they will take loads of cleaning up then painting and the bushes are totally goosed. So I’ve ordered new ones along with an anti lift kit 

Good work going on mate!

Get some paint or something on those new wish bones when they land as they dont get much of anything that will protect them. Im sure you are already planning to do that but just thought i would mention it.

4 hours ago, Sam44 said:

that sounds insane. haha. whats the spec to get it sound like that. sounds like your not running a blow off valve. 

really enjoying your build. 

Thanks mate that means a lot as I know there aren’t always mad things going on with this thread. 

literally an unbranded manifold and decat, stock ct9, adjustable actuator set at 0.8 bar, fpr and a front mount. It’s running the SARD R2D2 bov

4 hours ago, Bean said:

Good work going on mate!

Get some paint or something on those new wish bones when they land as they dont get much of anything that will protect them. Im sure you are already planning to do that but just thought i would mention it.

Thanks mate, enjoying yours too at the moment. I actually wasn’t planning on doing that but will now 👍

its not all about power mods. 

infact when we have been testing these  around 200hp to just under gets the best results to aroun,d 110mph. which funny anuff 250hp is the braking limit of most of the standard parts. on the six speed its around 160hp to 200hp hits the same speeds/times. things start to slide backwards in the lowwer mph times over these hp levels (loss of control/traction), and start to improve in the 110mph to 150mph zone. 

the large hp jump needed to go over 120mph in any kind of great time is abit much. and its all because of the shape of these cars.  

im really liking the smarter builds, built for the roads/speeds. like yours. 

Edited by Sam44

I feel that 200 in one of these is plenty for me, I’m not chasing big numbers and just want a fun reliable car. I’ve gone big with some of my other cars in the past but just ended up chasing power. More about the feel now for me. Plus, without an LSD it’s hard to get the power to the road 🤣

• 2 weeks later...

The droplinks are just as bad along with the wishbone to hub ball joints. Luckily I’ve got almost brand new ones that came with my spare hubs.

I got a delivery from Id-workz:

Glanza wishbones 

whiteline droplinks

whiteline anti lift kit

E366FA68-A336-4A52-802D-8E1403C2E1E3.jpeg

I cut the brand new bushes off, ready to fit the anti lift kit. Really easy job just being careful not to grind too deep. Hack saw the rubber off and then begin grinding the metal. As you get close, little blue marks appear in the metal where the sleeve is about to giveway. Then a thin mark/line appears and at this point you want to stop. I then got a small chisel and hammered each side apart before grabbing some mole grips and sliding the sleeve off 

492CE3DA-BCFE-448B-A4C7-CE15168545D6.jpeg

F1DC51C5-A003-4C17-A5D5-6FA10AF6CA49.jpeg

Edited by Pikey009