• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I got these on Sunday along with a GFB boost controller from Si. Really happy with the condition. Fitted the front ARB which was a mission as I didn’t want to take the front pipe back off now that it’s nicely sealed. Got there in the end though

6D681227-0BBA-4ED5-B1CA-DF21492B4131.jpeg

As usual the job spiralled and I ended up replacing the hub ball joints as I had a nearly new set on some spare hubs and the originals were knackered. Also fitted the whiteline droplinks, new wishbones, anti lift kit, camber bolts and test fitted the wings ready to transport the car to my new work next week. I also cleaned the arches and waxoiled them.

Edited by Pikey009

Good little job done today, re-cut the threads for the bonnet holes and extracted one that was sheered then sorted that one too. Fitted it all temporarily for now but will clean everything up and paint it in the future. 

6196EB2A-1535-4D0F-B393-7BAFD10F0BDF.jpeg

DB0FE583-0027-44E4-BF41-28195854DB5B.jpeg

• 1 month later...

After stripping it down I found there was only one bolt holding the motor to the regulator. Sounds like a simple job but I had to wrestle for over an hour to realign everything. I’d kept all the old bolts since buying the car and hidden amongst them I found the spare bolt. 

82451A27-2E37-4277-B229-2E9C24967E2D.jpeg

F68078A5-4A5C-43AA-B105-610D5ED7306C.jpeg

Thanks v much, wish there was more progress but as usual I’m fitting it in around work and the car is in temp storage while the other area gets cleared. Once she’s back in there I can crack on with the tie rods and then fit the body panels properly. After that I’ll underseal the other half of the car ready for the spring when hopefully it will be back on the road.

• 2 months later...

Finally got the tie rods changed today. Took me ages to find the inners and in the end ECP actually came to the rescue. I also managed to get hold of some new boots too.

The old ball joints were totally gone and both rods were seized together solid.

5598D1B5-6C15-4FCD-A4AA-7AEDAA6A6D1F.jpeg

451F529C-328F-4D2E-BAB6-10961CF637C7.jpeg

0AA0F185-467A-4683-AD09-2F761A5B9CD9.jpeg