Forged daily build from 55kw to 200kw+ (2023-01 updated)

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, Sam44 said:

Nice work, very respectable figures. I'm liking the smooth power build and torque figures from a 1.3ltr engine. 

I must admit I was expecting more from the k04. 

Thank you. With this turbo I can make 1.5bar at 3k rpm, but I tuned boost control to make power progressively. Power at low rpm makes more stress for gearbox, crankshaft bearing caps..

33 minutes ago, MegstuBMW said:

Thank you. With this turbo I can make 1.5bar at 3k rpm, but I tuned boost control to make power progressively. Power at low rpm makes more stress for gearbox, crankshaft bearing caps..

Very surprised with the k04. Great tunning. The waste gate/exhaust side is better positioned and a good option for the starlet. 

Edited by Sam44
  • 1 month later...

always a pleasure to see your progress. 

thanks for the info on that clutch im on that clutch and should be around that figure 180 to 200ftlds. 

whats your 0-60mph 40-100mph times. im hovering round the 5sec mark its just my driving and outside temps that are letting it down. 

3 hours ago, Sam44 said:

always a pleasure to see your progress. 

thanks for the info on that clutch im on that clutch and should be around that figure 180 to 200ftlds. 

whats your 0-60mph 40-100mph times. im hovering round the 5sec mark its just my driving and outside temps that are letting it down. 

Using dragy for measuringt, best I got on regular road 0-60mph is 5.3s, I can not launch it without massive wheel spin :-D. 60-130mph 16.4s. (no option to see 40-100 on dragy).

yeh around September  time in the uk (hottest time of year) on Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres i was able to hit near anuff 5sec constant, (i soon chewed threw a set of these very soft tyres + ripped my rear gearbox mount clean off. 

keep up the good work. ill have to get some videos done next year. 

Edited by Sam44
1 hour ago, Sam44 said:

yeh around September  time in the uk (hottest time of year) on Yokohama Parada Spec 2 tyres i was able to hit near anuff 5sec constant, (i soon chewed threw a set of these very soft tyres + ripped my rear gearbox mount clean off. 

keep up the good work. ill have to get some videos done next year. 

Nice, I think your tires might be better 😄 what are the dimensions of them?

195/50 r15  very soft. great grip. the launch was great bounced forward, very aggressive,  around 230hp any more and the times went backwards (wheel spin) on the levin 6speed lsd box, tdo4l hyb. the tyres lasted 5 month from new. 

im on rainsports now same dimensions on the corolla g6r lsd gearbox. not really had chance to drive it on these. 

Edited by Sam44
45 minutes ago, snails ep91 said:

how does the coolerworx shifter feel/work with the cables?

looks like a neat upgrade to improve shifter feel. my gear selector has such a sloppy feel to it

Shifter feels very solid and precise, pleasure to shift every time 🙂 .

On 12/6/2020 at 3:07 PM, MegstuBMW said:

Using dragy for measuringt, best I got on regular road 0-60mph is 5.3s, I can not launch it without massive wheel spin :-D. 60-130mph 16.4s. (no option to see 40-100 on dragy).

You can do different times with the custom option, but most popular currently is 100-200 kph 

On 12/7/2020 at 11:38 PM, RobSR said:

You can do different times with the custom option, but most popular currently is 100-200 kph 

Haha I bet it is, spoken like some 1 struggling with wheel slip. Haha 

Yeh I'll have a go at some of them and message them you. I'm not a fan of doing over ,100mph. I'm trying to build this for speeds 0 to 130mph/road and track attack.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • MegstuBMW changed the title to Forged daily build from 55kw to 200kw+ (2023-01 updated)